New Years Wishes for CFL teams!

What explanation do you need? Referring to the expansion draft as a "raid" is ridiculous. It was agreed upon by all parties and is standard procedure during expansion in pro sports leagues. It is not in any way shape or form a "raid".

http://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/images/layout-locale/en-us/images/product-large-raid-flying-insect-killer.jpg

GREAT FOR KILLING THE DREADED "REDBLACK" BUG !!!!! :lol: :lol:

[i][b]Definition of raid (n)

Bing Dictionary
raid

1.enticement of valued people: in the business world, an attempt by an organization to hire or lure away a competitor's employees, members, or clients.[/b][/i]

Does that explain it well enough for you?

noun 1. [u]a sudden assault or attack[/u], as upon something to be seized or suppressed: a police raid on a gambling ring. 2. Military . a sudden attack on the enemy, as by air or by a small land force. 3. [u]a vigorous, large-scale effort to lure away a competitor's employees[/u], members, etc. 4. Finance. a concerted attempt of speculators to force stock prices down.

verb (used with object)
5. to make a raid on.
6. to steal from; loot: a worry that the investment fund is being raided.
7. to entice away from another: Large companies are raiding key personnel from smaller companies.
8. to indulge oneself by taking from, especially in order to eat: raiding the cookie jar.

Wow, Bing totally disregarded the sudden theft aspect of the word, eh? Maybe you should reconsider your sources.

And these players weren’t being “enticed” regardless. They were drafted under rules that everyone agreed to. Free agency is much closer to a raid. An expansion draft is nothing like a raid.

Wow, Bing totally disregarded the sudden theft aspect of the word, eh? Maybe you should reconsider your sources.

And these players weren't being "enticed" regardless. They were drafted under rules that everyone agreed to. Free agency is much closer to a raid. An expansion draft is nothing like a raid.[/quote

I think most people agree that the CFL got it right with the expansion draft. Better for the league overall to have a team that's potentially competetive right away that one that's mired in the basement for years.

O.K. I hereby ask the mods to change that word to whatever is politically correct. I have no problem with the Ottawa process. Was just trying to be quick and to the point and that was the one word that came to mind on the fly. Furthermore Riders owe Ottawa for Joseph and the 07 cup, IMO, as he came from the dispersal.

There's no need for that. If it's not what you meant, fair enough, but you can probably see why I had every reason to believe you were opposed to it.