NEW UOFM STADIUM 1 MORE STEP CLOSER TO REALITY

ANNOUNCED ON CJOB THIS MORNING (SEPT 16):

Gary Doer is commited to providing 20 Million Dollars to the Asper project and will be recovered by revenue taxes.

LOOKS LIKE THE SHOVELS WILL BE IN THE GROUND SOONER THAN EXPECTED, ANOTHER HURDLE CLEARED BY ASPER WHO STATES CONSTRUCTION MAY BEGIN AS SOON AS JANUARY 2009 AND COULD BE READY FOR THE 2009 SEASON, BUT MORE LIKELY 2010. LOOKS LIKE PRIVATE OWNERSHIP IS GOING TO HAPPEN, DESPITE THE CRITICS :wink:

3rd Winnipeg stadium proposal unveiled

Blue Bombers to share field with University of Manitoba Bisons

click here

other then i am slightly opposed to the stadium design at uofm is because asper is using the education card to try get government to fund.

and again he is asking for 15 mill from the feds and its be stated time and time again that they won't give any funding. so he still has to cover the other 15 mill.

I'm fairly certain the wheels are officially in motion for the u of m proposal. . . the feds will give into the idea considering Asper's ante. Everything is in place, the feds will play spin doctor based on copping out to uni. funding as a loop hole. Clever strategy by Asper.

But this thing is going to happen, no question about it now.

The stadium will become a reality. I have no doubt about it now.

i agree i see it happening now to. still think they will need a major push tog et the feds going. my only other concern is its going to even worse trying to leave a game. like there is pembina and bishop grandin. that is calling for problems. and then what is the parking situation going to be like

Footballmad, the Bombers need 15 Million from the FEDS, they have already stated that after the election "They will move forward with discussions about the 15 Million". If they will not provide, Asper has already said he will pay the other 15 million if need be.

As for your first point about the FEDS not wanting to contribute to building stadiums, i think they were referring to NEW STADIUMS in markets that have no teams (Ottawa, Halifax, Quebec City and London) where the risk is much greater with a new franchise.

Look at Ottawa, i STRONGLY believe that they do not deserve another team after FOLDING twice and have an average of 16,000 fans, there excuse is Stadium!! so if the FEDS agree to help them with a new stadium, who is at risk? The government, not Ottawa!! I cannot see Ottawa in The CFL again for a VERY LONG TIME.

As for the recent talks about ESTABLISHED CLUBS getting funding for new Stadiums, Winnipeg, BC, SK and Hamilton are all looking for new Buildings, much needed and more needed than a new stadium in a non-existant market such as QC, Halifax, Ottawa, London. That is what the Feds referred to whenthey stated "NO FED FUNDING FOR NEW STADIUMS". Keyword is New Stadiums in Non CFL Markets.

You are out to lunch and mis-informed. The Federal Gov’t will not fund CFL stadiums. New or refurbished. They do not want to be in CFL business period. This was again reported on CJOB late last night. If anyone gets Federal Funding it will be Ottawa. This is the FEDERAL CAPITAL of Canada. You think this ,and you think that, but you know nothing. The 15 million is a very long shot.

BUT --- CHECK YOUR FACTS LOSER ---- THE FEDS WILL NOT GIVE FUNDING FOR NEW STADIUMS IN "NON CFL CITIES" OR REFURBISHED STADIUMS.

OTTAWA WILL NOT RECIEVE ANOTHER PENNY FROM THE FEDS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS - 2 BANKRUPCIES - NO FAN SUPPORT, WHERE DO YOU GET THESE BS FACTS MAN? IT'S BEEN SAID TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT OTTAWA NEEDS A MIRACLE TO GET ANOTHER TEAM (AN OWNER WILLING TO PAY ALL COSTS).

AS FOR THE BOMBERS AND ASPERS PLAN - THE 15 MILLION IS NOT TO SUPPORT THE STADIUM, BUT THE PARKADE AND THE U OF M FITNESS PROGRAM.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? THE 15 MILLION IS GOING INTO EDUCATION AND NOT CFL, AGAIN YOUR FACTS ARE WRONG SANJAY, YOU ARE JUST MAKING UP ANY EXCUSE YOU CAN TO TRY AND PROVE YOUR POINTS, BUT YOUR FACTS ARE ALL WRONG AND YOU'RE AN IDIOT TRYING TO SOUND KNOWLEDGABLE, YOU NEED A REAL LIFE BUDDY!!

KEEP ARGUING WITH ME, I'LL TRUMP YOUR A$$ EVERY TIME WITH REAL KNOWLEDGE AND FACTS, NOT MADE UP BS LIKE YOU!!

Your facts are out to lunch the same as you. 15 Million for a fitness center ?? what a joke, and any dumb person can see this is a scam. The money is for stadium scam. Education ?? That is nothing but B.S. You can't trump anybody. Your facts are based on Asper propaganda.

sanjay...as you will likely learn in this life, not everybody is out to get you!!!

Why do you have a problem with David Asper? Do you really think we will get a real stadium by staying community owned? NO!! and if you do you are smoking something that i need to buy.

The only team who will ever get a new stadium while being communty owned is the riders!

If you really think you have any say in what the team does, (just to inform you) YOU DON'T!!!

Sanjay, where do you get STADIUM SCAM from? 700 car parkade for the University (much needed), new stadium for the Bisons (much needed), a YEAR ROUND fitness center (MUCH NEEDED). So i ask why is this a scam? Asper INCLUDED the needs of the U of M in the plan, and that is smart business.

You see it as a scam, i see it as smart business, people were against the human rights museum (Izzy Asper) and David is making it his fathers reality, is that a scam?

Don't forget the Aspers ALREADY HAVE A BIG IMPACT at the UofM, with the Asper building being a part of the UofM, ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL PROJECT, AND YES I AM A FAN OF ASPER, SO YOU CAN STOP TRYING TO MAKE THAT YOUR KNOWLEDGABLE POINT, CAUSE AGAIN YOU SOUND LIKE AN A$$.

What's your next argument Sanjay?
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT IS, CAUSE IT WILL BE NON FACTUAL AND SOUND PLAIN STUPID, ONCE AGAIN. MAKE AN A$$ OF YOURSELF I DON'T CARE.

....lets look at the political facts....the Aspers are a Liberal family politically....Izzy was involved heavily in the Lib. party...Could be that maybe the conservatives have an axe to grind with David ...don't know??? but if this is the case its just cheap politics and i hope Harpers gang pays the price...They 'may' come on side after the election (if they form the next govt.) but don't count on it...These guys are no friends of the NDP govt. of Manitoba or the Aspers....I think, in the end, David Asper will have to pony up the extra 15 mil. himself...and if that's the case ...i think he should tell Harper and his gang to kiss his a$$...we'll go it alone in Manitoba....what we do most of the time anyway... :wink:

I agree Papa, the deal will be done regardless of Harper and Fort garry Opposition!! Let's Get It Done Bomber Fans (Real Ones)!!

15 MILLION BEING INVESTED IN EDUCATION !!! I HAVE LAND TO SELL YOU ON THE MOON.

He won't get the money from the Feds. The conservatives will win the election. His biggest problem will be aquiring the Polo Park land from the city, not the 15 million from the feds that Asper supporters think. Some Bomber fans think that this is a shopping spree at value village with Asper. City council will want millions for this land. This property is the most sought after land in the city. Asper made a deal with U of M, big deal! This is just another announcement. 3 strikes your out.

When I attend games I smell the aroma of hotdogs sizzling on the grilles. The smell of beer, depending on who is sitting beside me. The smell of perfume from the lovely ladies who attend. I don't smell any stinking urinals as some Bomber fans would suggest. These fans are probably sitting in the cheap seats. We know what kind of people sit there.
They want to dig a big hole in the ground and build a stadium in this hole at U of M. Same idea as building a big outhouse.

...what you're missing there sanjay....is the 'sweet smell of success' ...and that will happen when Aspers venture gets final approval.. :wink: :thup: :lol:

Sweet Smell of success ?? More like 3 strikes your out Asper.