New Turf at THF?

Was trying to find this article but no luck

:sunglasses: Try Tuesday, May 18. Picture of turf being removed and story on the whole thing !!

Also at bottom of page a great article on former tight ends in CFL commenting on our
#1 draft choice !! Some great comments from Tony Grabriel and Peter Della Riva. :grinning:

Tried to find it but no luck

I found it in the archives press reader but you need a subscription to read it,
but it shows the story on the front page of Sports on page A-14 (See the bottom of the screen and go to A-14)
Picture of rolled up rolls on the field

1 Like

@oskeeeddie @Tipper

TURF UPDATE

• The Hamilton Spectator
  • 18 May 2021

Huge rolls of turf that have been stripped off of the west side of the field at Tim Hortons Field lay on the east side. Work will continue until about mid-June to replace the original playing surface which was installed for the stadium’s 2014 opening. The new surface will meet the standards required to host FIFA competitions such as CONCACAF, international rugby events and, of course, the CFL and primary tenant, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. It includes an absorption pad underneath, which the original surface did not have. The Grey Cup, the first to be played in Hamilton since 1996, is scheduled for Dec. 12.

2 Likes

Amazing!! Thanks for finding this.

1 Like

The City of Hamilton has a $ 50 million budget surplus for 2020 . Just thought you’d like to know . * Spectator April 24 2021

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

:sunglasses: Yeah, right !!

It was me that posted this originally !!
Nobody on here even knew about this new turf !! :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Unbelievable !!

Thanks Tipper

I didn’t say they were sewn in at THF

But will it be used up to pay down the debt?

That’s because Ottawa didn’t have the sewn in soccer or football lines. I think that was a requirement when they hosted the women’s FIFA. You can’t remove the football lines if they are sewn in like at THF and vice versa.
At least when you watch a CFL game in Ottawa you don’t see the soccer lines

Didn’t you write, “You can’t remove the football lines if they are sewn in like at THF”?

No check out my original comment, I said “you can’t remove the football lines if they are sewn in”

“…like at THF…”

maybe you mean, “You can’t remove the football lines, like you can at THF, if they are sewn in.”

What we got here is a failure to communicate. :wink:

The great Strother Martin said it best:

3 Likes

"Some men you just can't reach ". That is certainly applicable on this here site , don't you know ?

Pat Lynch ( a big Strother Martin fan , also loved Dub Taylor)

1 Like

I should’ve said, sewn in like they were at IWS

Yes they were at IWS. :beers:

those were great times. I played there about 15 times and it was like running on concrete but i loved it.

Earl Winfield loved it as well

3 Likes

Was down at the stadium today and the turf is in.

2 Likes