NEW TICAT HEAD COACH?

Does this mean that Corey Chamblin is our next Head Coach instead of possibly heading to Saskatchewan? Or are we looking at a more flashy name to lead the team?

Should be interesting!!!

This is exactly why Chris Jones should hold off on his commitment to The Argos, why would he agree to bolt so soon for whats basically a lateral move.

Not saying he's our guy, but you never know what O'bie has in mind.

I would rather go after Tim Burke than either Jones or Chamblin.

I'd take a chance on Dickenson

I didn't care for Chamblin's defense this year. I hope the job doesn't go to him.

Jacques Chapdelaine, anyone?

I hope the job doesn't go to Chamblin. His defense was very unimpressive this year.

I'm hoping Obie finds a tried and proven coach from another team. Might be hard to do.

Okay let's put things in perspective here. We took an OC made him a rookie head coach and just fired him. Why in God's name would we take a suspect DC and make him HC just to go through the same BS. I do not think so, are you guys for real. What makes you think the blood letting will end with MB. As far as I am concerned the OC and DC should go, in fact except for the Specials Team coach they all should go!

Ouestion is who has the CFL experience to come in and do the HC job? Is OB staying as GM? Too many questions that I m sure will get answered in the coming days or weeks. I liked MB and was willing to give him another shot but I do understand the reasoning behind his termination, BUT I believe Mitchell and O'Billovich must also share a lot of the blame. Time to pony up Scott, fighting city hall is not your only job... it is to put together a team from the GM down. Now let see what you can do.

Yes.

Who ever the NEW Head Coach is, he picks his own coaches, so right now, everyone from the water boy to the assistants, no one is safe !! It will be like starting from scratch again.

So, Toronto, Sask, possibly B.C. and now Hamilton will all have new head coaches. Oh Ya, Winnipeg has fired there O.C. and Montreal needs an O.C. and Calgary needs a D.C.

Should be interesting :roll:

This is great! I was expecting the off-season to be long and boring! Maybe it will be free agency and then training camp sooner than later! :slight_smile:

I would like to see Tim Burke hired, but either Jacques Chapdelaine or Dave Dickenson would be solid alternatives. I am not a big fan of zero coverage, so Chris Jones isn't really the defensive guru this team needs going forward, IMHO.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

from Perry Lefko at sportsnet (take his guesses for what they're worth):

"Bellefeuille could be heading to Winnipeg to replace Jamie Barresi, fired by the Bombers on Tuesday and first announced by Sportsnet.ca.

The Ticats’ decision on Bellefeuille may be part of an even bigger move that could include the purging of the team’s top two quarterbacks, Kevin Glenn and Quinton Porter, both of whom struggled with consistency. Porter, the younger of the two, had been given every opportunity to unseat the more experienced Glenn, but simply couldn’t do it. Glenn just completed his third season with the Cats and second as the starter, but Bellefeuille benched him midway through the opening game and platooned him down the stretch, creating an obvious discord.

There has been speculation the Cats will try to make a trade for Calgary’s Henry Burris. The Ticats have made big splashes for free agents and stars from other teams during the Young era. The quarterback and running back spots have been a particular area of interest for the Cats’ management to create interest. So far, it hasn’t worked.

As for who replaces Bellefeuille, sources say it will come from outside the organization. The list of names that have surfaced include B.C. defensive co-ordinator Mike Benevides, who is scheduled to interview with Saskatchewan for its vacant head coaching job; Winnipeg defensive co-ordinator Tim Burke and Toronto special teams coach Mike O’Shea. If the team hires O’Shea, who has already interviewed with Saskatchewan, it would be priceless – a move that would be straight out of the Vince McMahon style of promotion. O’Shea is reviled by Ticats fans for deciding to sign with Toronto rather than return to Hamilton in 1996 after a failed National Football League tryout with Detroit. O’Shea is hard-nosed and would fit the Ticats/Hamilton blue-collar image. O’Shea is seen as an up-and-coming candidate following two years co-ordinating the Argos’ special teams. You can be sure if he’s hired in Hamilton, fans would pay to see him."

Most of it sounded reasonable until he got to Mike O'shea....no experience as a head coach ...only 2 years experience as an assistant coach.....Obie has more common sense than that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I wouldnt mind O'Shea is a head coach. I could see him being a pinball type that could fire up his players like nobody else. Give him the right co-ordinators and you could have something there. Also, we have all seen the job he did with Toronto's ST.

Please don't hire Benevides, I can't stand that guy.

O'Shea as HC & Steinauer as DC if Jones goes to Toronto? :o

If/when O'Shea becomes a head coach I hope he upgrades his attire. The 'I just left the gym' look isn't professional.

This move may have been to snatch a candidate Obie really likes. It may also have been advancing the inevitable. Consider the dilemma if the TiCats got off to a really bad start next year, or by LDC it was obvious Marcel had to go. Whoever replaces him enters the following season with 18 road games. The sheer logistics of the 2013 gypsy season demand someone who knows his way around the organization.

Please don't make me kill you. :lol:

Who ever the NEW Head Coach is, he picks his own coaches, so right now, everyone from the water boy to the assistants, no one is safe !! It will be like starting from scratch again.

So, Toronto, Sask, possibly B.C. and now Hamilton will all have new head coaches. Oh Ya, Winnipeg has fired there O.C. and Montreal needs an O.C. and Calgary needs a D.C.

Should be interesting :roll:

The sad thing about this situation is most other teams have NO problem putting a coach and his coordinators together than can compete. Don’t bring in Henry Burris or a coach who has a problem communicating and holding his coordinators accountable. The main reason why this team failed was the coach … mostly his inability to make the necessary changes to
take this team forward. Bring back Frank Kush…put them slackers in place immediately.

Obie said he wants an experienced guy who has been in the league for a while. I think this comment automatically eliminated O'Shea, Dickenson, and Chamblin (and Khari Jones as I see some have mentioned :? )

I really think it will come down to

Tim Burke
Jacques Chapdelaine
Mike Benevides

I'd rather see Burke or Chapdelaine, and keep in mind Burke has been in the Grey Cup 4 straight years now, the guys has been apart of successful teams.

Dickenson would seem to be the frontrunner. And as for Chris Jones, he's a good coordinator, but he also needs the personnel for cover zero (I'm also not a huge fan of it -- Tibesar in Montreal does it a lot and it gave me grey hairs as an Als fan) and seems to have no interest in being a HC, given that he's making yet another lateral move to the Argos.

I doubt that Jones and Chamblin will see the door. Both are first-time coordinators who struggled at times this season, but IMO both have to be given a fair shot to show what they can do.