New Start on Labour Day!!

So labour day is here in a few weeks this is what I would do to help turn this team around.
FIRE TAFFE!!!

We are only half way through the season and we have almost two weeks to find a decent coach and get him in here before labour day. Fire taffe today and give this new coach a few weeks to get used to this team and build a relationship so we will be ready to go against the argos.

The season is not over yet and we still are not out of it but charlie taffes career is so bye bye Charlie you suck and have done nothing productive for our team since you got here and there is no reason for you to be here anymore.

thats it.

GO CATS

To think that I defended you in a different thread...

GIVE ME A LIST OF ELIGIBLE COACHES SO THE DEBATE CAN START!!!

If not, oh well. More wasted bandwidth...

It's pretty hard to defend Taaffe's Tiger-Cat record to date: not very good for a professional head coach. He will probably take the fall, either during this bye week or at the end of the season.

Obie has the experience and ability to take on both HC and GM duties. There is enough talent in the front office (Rambo) to help Obie.

Obie taking over the head coaching job is not out of the question.

Stay the course and fix the obvious problems. O Line - Defensive - ends - weak side linebacker - and receivers who come back to the ball when the QB is in trouble. Like about every second play!!!!!!!!

8) Did you even bother to re read what you posted and think about it ???
If you did, you would realize how ridiculous some of your suggestions are !!

But then again, that is par for the course on this site as of late !!!        <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
Did you even bother to re read what you posted and think about it ???

If you did, you would realize how ridiculous some of your suggestions are !!

Kind of goes both ways Tipper. Weren't you expecting Berry to get the boot if the Cats won last nite? Taaffe's record is so much better. I can see why you would jump all over iwillsackyou for suggesting Taaffe is at the end of his rope.

Completely different situation. One team is rebuilding and has shown obvious improvement over last year. The other went to the Grey Cup and was expected to run over people this year… REALLY big difference.

Crash wrote,

Completely different situation. One team is rebuilding and has shown obvious improvement over last year. The other went to the Grey Cup and was expected to run over people this year..... REALLY big difference.

I don`t think there is much of a difference. The ticats have been rebuilding since 2005/2006.

Taaffes record last year 3-15. This year 2-6. Im not saying its all his fault. Lets face it, though, he hasn`t had any success here, as of yet. The Cats do show glimpses of being a good team. Ie, against the blue team.

A lot of people were expecting the Cats to be a much better team. With guys like Printers, Lumsden, Moreno. We were expected to be a better team than 2-6 at this point.

This inexperience argument, can only take you so far. As Jordan02 pointed out. Technically, Calgary is just an inexperienced as us, but a better team.

It wasn`t the coaches fault, they lost last night, but I definately understand why Taaffe is on the hot seat.

8) And you read his second paragraph, and you think it makes sense and is even remotely possible ?????
Please explain if you do think so  !!       <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

So many people on this site seem to overlook recent history.

For the previous FOUR years, this team was effectively rudderless with Rob Katz and then Marcell Desjardins as GM. Yes those individuals are responsible for bringing in a couple of key building blocks for the Team, (Moreno, Setta, Printers). However, apart from those individuals, there was far more damage done than good. (Desjardins really blew up the team with the forced retirement of Hitchcock, and Moralle, and no real new talent brought in excepting previously noted individuals)

As a result, this really is the first year of rebuilding.

Obie knows what the talent is on this team. He has also brought in as much new "good" talent as there was available.

He also knows what the talent is on the coaching staff. If the coaching staff was not delivering the way that Obie believes they should, with the talent they have to work with, then he would make "half time adjustments".

The 2008 Tiger Cats are a much improved team over the Desjardins version of 2007.

No, they are not yet where you, nor I, (nor Obie, Bob Young, Scott Mitchell or TSN) would like to see them, however, I do believe that this team, for the FIRST TIME in four years is on the right road to respectability and ultimately the Grey Cup.

Be Patient. Be Positive. Be Supportive. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it is NOT New Jersey.

Cheers

DVD
The Bassman

8)

I don't favour firing Charlie Taaffe. I think he's a good coach, and more importantly, our GM seems to think so too... otherwise he wouldn't have re-hired him and might have canned him by now. Also, the players appear to play hard for Coach Taaffe. Firing him and getting in some unknown coach mid-season when we are playing decent (not great or consistent) football would be a huge error in my view.

I think we're doing about as well as expected this season. If we make the playoffs, that would be a pleasant surprise. That was my outlook at the start of training camp, and it still is.

We do have some good players, some brought in by previous management (credit where it's due) and some brought in by current management. We'll add and subtract where needed and where opportunities to improve are available.

We have a young team that will continue to improve with patience and continued hard work. I'm optimistic about the future. Catfan4life has a good attitude, one I share.

Stevehvh: Thanks for completing my thought patterns.

I think we're doing about as well as expected this season.
Now, let's go out, sweep the T.O. series and then win some more games ...

Cheers

DVD
The Bassman

8)

Catfan4life,

I agree with your point about Obie. With him at the G.M helm. We will get better. The man is a great football mind and will improve this team. I believe that Obie will do whatever takes to get this team on track again !!