New Signings Never Play?

I admit, I don't know the inner workings of players movement, practice rosters, etc...

So that brings up this questions...

I continually see the Tiger-Cats sign import players with NFL experience and stuff (we just signed a new lineman) but I never seem to see them on the field.

Is this new guy gonna play? Is he any good?

Echols signed, played, then got cut.

Myres was signed, and played.

Claridge (RIP) signed and played last year.

I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. It just seems that we're always signing some import player that never seems to have ANY effect on the team.

Then again... they can't all start right away.

I think Myres is going to do well. One the bright side... he can't be any worse than what we've had! :slight_smile:

Claridge was awesome (RIP).

Sorry Rusty, i do agree with the Sig... We bring in players and they usually get in there somehow. At least under Lancaster they seem to.

Now Marshall, thats a different story.

A lot of players are signed and looked at to see if they are good enough ( as in better than the person already playing that position ) and are compatable at what we want them to do on our team. If they pass this and they don't have a poor attitude, then they get a chance to play, usually when someone else gets injured. This gives you depth on your team.

thanks for summing that up before i got here.