New seats a bust!!

I sit in the north end zone and was excited about the new seats for this season. What a hokey set-up. About 5% of the seats broke off the channel they are welded to and those that didn't break are less comfortable than the old plank seating. Jim Hopson should have to sit on those slabs of plastic for a whole game and see if he would be so excited about the new seats. Complete waste of money and if my niece didn't love going to the games so much I would be cashing in my tickets.
Not at all what I have come to expect of the Rider organization. :thdn: :thdn:

HMMM... WELL I DON'T SIT IN ONE OF THE NEW SECTIONS, BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PPL ARE BEING PRETTY HARD ON THE NEW SET UP. SEEMS LIKE MAYBE THEY JUST RUSHED IT A BIT TOO MUCH TRYING TO GET THINGS DONE IN TIME FOR THE GAME... THERE WAS NOTHING BUT THE FRAMING UP IN THE NORTH END A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE GAME...

PERHAPS THINGS WERE RUSHED MORE THAN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN, BUT LET'S NOT THROW ANYONE UNDER THE BUS JUST YET.

I sat in the south seats and I was not impressed. Essentially no different than the benches in terms of room. If they had arms then you'd not still be squeezed. I think the riders deserve to give thier fans true theatre style seats that can accommodate larger people. These seats do not do that.

Also, while I saw no broken seats, these seats rocked back and forth alarmingly. By the end of the season who knows what shape they will be in. I'd be looking for new seats.

This won't be much of a legacy project with these seats. It may become a laughing stock of the Riders every time someone sits in them in small time Saskatchewan.

The south end-zone seats are fold down seats whereas in the north end-zone are just narrow slabs of plastic. Same deal though every time some one sits down your are rocking. They are definitely a joke and a waste of money.

Here is a photo I found on the Rider Forum which shows a sampling of the busted seats.

[url=http://twitter.com/BrittanyHuber/status/216395973197434880/photo/1]http://twitter.com/BrittanyHuber/status ... 80/photo/1[/url]

I will say though that this might be for the good as the Riders will now have to look at much better seats in the new stadium and hopefully much wider seats th arm rests.

New Stadium?? I would bet that these will all be replaced by something a little more durable and comfortable before the Esks' even visit. To send people back up there in that Mickey Mouse construction is not even an issue any more I wouldn't think. That whole Rider nestegg is at risk if they don't fix the whole shaking and seat problem before something tragic happens, and it will if left unchecked.

Exactly!!!

My point was to get it right foe the new stadium not to do nothing. Newspaper says it'll be the same seats replaced with some minor changes. Those seats will not be acceptable in a new stadium. No matter how much work they do to try and reuse them.

Everything I have seen is that the temporary seats and much of the existing items at Taylor field would be distributed to smaller stadiums, mainly in Saskatoon, Regina and Moose Jaw...upon occupancy of a new stadium. I have not heard of a lot that actually was supposed to end up being installed in the potential new home other than some of the bigscreens.

Jim Hopson talked about this in an interview on www.riderville.com, he says there tearing out the seats and going to reweld them the right way...

"Welding them the right way" will not make them more comfortable nor will it stop the whole row from rocking back and forth when some-one sits down or leans back. If Jim Hopson had to sit in those seats for a whole game the whole stands in the north end-zone would be on the way to the dump.

wooden benches look like they would have been better

My bad for not being clear. The new stadium will get new seats and Not those just installed at Mosaic stadium. My point is don't ever use these seats (from whatever vendor) in the new stadium. Time to put in true seats, with arm-rests and individually bolted to the floor. Take a look at the best seats used in the NFL. You know they will get it right and not go to the lowest bidder. Crappy seats lead to a crappy experience.

I dont think that an outdoor stadium in -40C weather will ever have comparable seats to the best in the NFL.

Let's hope for a roof, retractable even better.

right, but lets say you get a "top end" seat...that has bluetooth, radio, etc...lets be modest and say they are 1000 bucks...that is 35 million. get certain sections with upgraded seating that cost a premium....say 1500-2000 seats tops. then something cheaper for the rest...drink holders would be a bonus, but the one thing I have always noted in stadiums with seating that has arms...fans tend to keep their butts in the chairs more frequently. I have always been a fan of bench seating because it seams to bring the 'community' together more.,..sorry...not sure how else to express that better.

Wow, we live in different tax brackets. I'm all for the standard well built arm chair with drink holder. Each seat individually bolted to the concrete.

As for standing, I can't see Rider fans not standing when required. As a skinny person (well kinda), I hate being a cold cut in between two Italian bums. I can't stand the benches, I pay money to enjoy the game which as in all social setting means reasonable personal space to watch the game. Simple psychology.

I hope The Riders heard about the new seats they are installing at Commonwealth. 2" wider and a cup holder. 58,000 new seats. Go take a look.