New rider signing

#riders’ OL Jermarcus Hardrick feels ‘guilty’ about leaving Bombers for top dollar
I am confident he will not feel too guilty for too long. In fact I bet he feels fine already and is totally over it.

2 Likes

350K this season… Ya, he’s over it.

Where would have got that number from?? That is no where near reality.

Bomber’s loss is Rider’s gain. No team can give every player what they deserve to be paid, I wish Jermarcus Hardrick nothing but the best in Saskatchewan, minus games against Winnipeg of course. :blue_heart: :canada: :football:

3 Likes

OK I screwed up. From the 3DN piece below:

“He collected a $120,000 signing bonus as part of a two-year deal worth $230,500 in each, plus an additional $6,000 in all-star incentives.”

Dumbass that I am I thought he collected a signing bonus of 120K plus his salary of 230K. I see now that the signing bonus was “part of” the 2-year deal.

1 Like

Well we differ there a tad … I hope life returns to a normalcy in the galaxy by at least us whipping the Bombers on Labor Day and the play offs… You hold onto the banjo bowl as a consolation tidbit.

1 Like

You’re living in the past man.

2 Likes

Sports is cyclical. At some point Ottawa will whip the entire league. Might take a while but it will happen :joy:

4 Likes

It’s all I got, be nice dammit

3 Likes

Relax. The Riders are ‘New and Improved’, especially on offense. Expect fireworks this fall between our clubs when The Labor Day Classic and Banjo Bowls roll around. :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s all we can ask for. Good football in the play offs even if our teams don’t make it

2 Likes

Not much happening on the forum, really quiet these days hmm?

most sask fans are hanging out somewhere else. It is the off-season though, it might pick up during the season if the riders start winning some games.

There certainly are not as many of us as there used to be

1 Like

No new signing here, but good move there, Riders:

2 Likes

Hope he still got some tangibles

2 Likes
1 Like

This doesn’t mean he has any interest in the CFL. Teams don’t need a players permission or to consult them in any way to add them to the neg list. All it means is that if he ever does happen to come to the CFL he will have to go to Sask. Or Sask can trade his neg rights to anyone else who wants him.

2 Likes

Yes, we know, and we shall see.

Right now Claypool is the NFL’s 54th man and at a crossroads as an example of a few such players who make their way to the CFL and now also the UFL:

1 Like

In addition to being a multiyear player in the NFL and therefore requiring a higher minimum wage, over the years I have heard that he can be a disturbance in the locker room. Has anyone else heard this? Is this why he remains unsigned in the NFL?
If the Riders do sign him and he makes the roster, who does he replace? If he is not signed to a multiyear deal, is it worth it?

2 Likes