New Recruits

Bombers Add Pair Of Import Linebackers

The Blue Bombers have added some defensive talent today, import linebackers Roderick Johnson and Bryan Wilson have signed with the football club.

As per team policy, details of the agreements are not disclosed.

Johnson (6-3, 255, Oklahoma State ’08, DOB: July 31, 1985 in Galveston, TX) comes north to Winnipeg after a stellar four year college career at OSU.

At OSU, Johnson mostly played the middle linebacker position in 2005 and 2006, excelling in his sophomore and junior seasons. He then switched to defensive end in 2007, his senior year.

“He’s a big guy that’s quick, can play end or linebacker, and can make a lot of plays on defence for us,? said head coach Mike Kelly.

Wilson (6-2, 253, Morgan State ’08, DOB: Jan. 26, 1984 in Temple Hills, MD) had an impressive career at Morgan State where he made the 2007 All-MEAC first team defence. In ’07, his senior year, Wilson had 50 tackles, and led his team with seven sacks. He also led his league in forced fumbles with six.

He signed with the NFL’s Washington Redskins as a rookie free agent after going undrafted. He was later released before seeing any playing time.

“We like the type of player Bryan is. He’s shown in college that he can get to the quarterback and put pressure on. He’s a big hitter and I can’t wait to see what he can do in camp,? Kelly said.

....seems we're over-loaded in the linebacker position already pigseye.....do you smell trade around the cornor....These guys sure sound good....guess we'll see at t.c.....I think our new recruiter is starting to show his stuff... :wink:

What do you suppose this means for Ike Charlton and Cam Hall? Will they not be re-signed, or are these new guys insurance in case Charlton and Hall go elsewhere?

...definitely doesn't hurt to have insurance......I don't know about Charlton but i do know the Bombers have told Hall and his agent he can shop his services :roll:

Bit surprised at that, I always thought Hall was pretty good........................

All kinds or rumors flying about these two guys, massive men, too big to be OLB's in the CFL, they are bigger than Simpson & Moreno. More likely DE's/and 34 defense backers.