new QB. Darrell Hackney

LOL

Randall looks real good though!!!

Yes and maybe he will get to play a bit this year.

He’s just large, his playing weight is anywhere from 235 - 250, so I’m guessing your saying he is closer to the 250 end ?

Looks more like 270 to me

Maybe he's on Ted White's QB training regimen................

They weren't kidding about his arm strength, he threw the wide out this morning, frozen rope, ala Brock (sic) probably will keep him around.

You don’t have to convince us. A picture says a thousand words. :wink:

…no hfxtc…you really have to be there to appreciate the ‘gun’ this guy possesses for an arm…maybe you’ll get to see it in the future…if he makes the club…There’s more to quarterbacking than a ‘big’ arm but this kid is also smart and could catch on…Poundage is a problem right now …however training camp 'could rectify that//// :lol:

How right you are papa.

Too bad no one ever told Michael Bishop that…

This mornings training camp report had Hackney and Lefors both looking very sharp.

There is no reason for a pro athlete to report to camp obese. No matter how short notice. We'll see as camp progresses if he has the heart to do what it takes to earn a job.

Correct. He should have kept in shape while waiting for his next call…

.....great day for Mr. Hackney today.....lasers ...right on the money....I guess it helps to have quality receivers to throw to....Still a long way to go but he sounds very promising... :thup:

I guess you guys were right about his weight, he has been released, despite looking quite good.

OMBERS SIGN WILLIAMS, RELEASE HACKNEY

WBB RELEASE – 2009/089

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – June 8, 2009

WINNIPEG, MB – The Blue Bombers signed import quarterback Richie Williams and released import quarterback Darrell Hackney today.

As per team policy, details of the agreement are not disclosed.

Williams (6-3, 190, Appalachian State’06, DOB: Mar. 10, 1983 in Camden, SC) has spent the past three seasons with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, playing in 52 games over the three years.

During those three seasons he threw for 2,077 yards and 11 touchdowns. His best season was in 2008 where he completed 60 of 100 passes for 984 yards and three touchdowns, while also rushing 43 times for 307 yards.

“We're very pleased to add a quarterback of Richie's skill set. His experience in the CFL will be a great addition to our camp,? said head coach Mike Kelly.

The Blue Bombers also released import quarterback Darrell Hackney.

Head Coach Mike Kelly will be briefly available following the second practice today at approximately 5:30 p.m. to discuss the signing of Williams.

Poor Papa...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7bYNAHXxw

Mutated sea bass..... :lol:

Kelly growing hair ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh5Lh-tTSZQ

WOW! Williams isn't that great of a QB that you just toss a guy without even looking at him. Williams can run but can't throw for anything.

Training camp has barely started and already Kelly has, in mere days, cut Dinwiddie, picked up Williams, and cut Hackney.

Two ways of looking at it; either:

(A) Kelly is one decisive on-field leader;

or

(B) he's panicking.

Interesting to say the least.

My guess is, Lefors has locked up the #1 spot, Randall/Killian #3/#4 and Williams will be the #2 veteran back up.

Interesting for sure. I'm glad Kelly is in the league, we need to have at least one really off the wall character on the sidelines somewhere....................never a dull moment with this guy it seems.

As for my options A and B, I'll make no guess which one is accurate, save to say predict this: papazoola will say it's A, and housedog will say it's B.

I think Kelly was banking on Randall being ready to be his #2, but it looks like he isn’t, so he had to bring Williams.