New Power Rankings are up!

http://www.footballgameplan.com/cfl-power-rankings

I understand the comment about the Tiger-Cats

I dont disagree with those rankings at all. Of all the power rankings , this site has it right.

I'd say those are pretty damn good.

I’d be doing some fact-checking before posting those rankings next time…I had no idea that the Bombers, for example, were the defending champs…who knew?

Now that's rewriting history!

Maybe a bit of sarcasm too.

Can someone please explain why this site is the authority on our league? DaStampeda? Who is Emory Hunt? Heres what mine look like....

1. Saskatchewan
  2. Winnipeg
  3. BC
  4. Montreal
  5. Calgary
  6. Edmonton
  7. Hamilton
  8. Toronto

How would yours differ?

Kel

Is Alberta a part of the USA yet?

Kel

I just assumed he was referring to B.C.'s slow offence, and that's partly why Winnipeg was able to win.

Just me?

Montreal has to go ahead of B.C. They've won 3 straight. B.C. has dropped two. At home!

Putting Calgary ahead of Edmonton... I don't know.

CFLgameanyone wrote: Can someone please explain why this site is the authority on our league? DaStampeda? Who is Emory Hunt? Heres what mine look like....
  1. Saskatchewan
  2. Winnipeg
  3. BC
  4. Montreal
  5. Calgary
  6. Edmonton
  7. Hamilton
  8. Toronto

How would yours differ?

Kel

This seems pretty close as much as i hate to admit it about Toronto being at the bottom their Offense has just died once they lost Bishop, But their Defence is still competable with Saskatchewan's so I would put them at 6th

The original rankings look spot on. But geez, I just can't get used to seeing the Riders at the top of that list, must be my blue & gold blood.

D.J. Bennett who used to be the running back for Western does Power Rankings on thescore.ca. Check them out. I always throw in my two cents.

[url=http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/cfl/index.asp?name=cfl/2007/08/week_8_power_ra.html]http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/cfl/index. ... er_ra.html[/url]

Are you DJ Bennett?

I don't like those rankings as much as the others. While I agree that B.C. should be kept high, I don't think they should be in 3rd. Not after two home losses. They went 8-1 at home last season.

I agree that BC is not enjoying some luxuries they enjoyed last year. The power rankings are about last week, this week and next week man. More, the where the team is headed....or...the who has the power right now? Get it?

Having your logic based on past performance, you are being hypocritical. BC is defending Grey Cup champions until we reach games end this year. Dont they deserve SOME clout for that accomplishment by your standards?

Im sorry, getting used to losing is new for Eskimo fans, I shouldnt be so hard on them.

Kel

Um, OK…

Regardless, they shouldn’t be in 3rd.

B.C. dropped two games at home. Montreal is on a 3 game winning streak.

Why exactly should B.C. be ahead of Montreal?

The author’s paragraph about B.C. isn’t all that positive, yet his paragraph about Montreal goes on about the team’s newfound depth.

Take a look at what you highlighted in your last post Chief.

Now listen closely because you missed it the first time. I said the power rankings are based on LAST WEEK, THIS WEEK, AND NEXT WEEK.

The power rankings take into consideration that BC has dropped ONE game and Montreal has won ONE game. Montreal is idle this week with the bye, they cannot hinder or improve their record this week.

BC has an opportunity to win a game this week. Then the western teams get their bye in week 9.

That is why BC is ahead of Montreal in MY power rankings. Consider and agree that the western teams are stronger than the eastern teams as usual. Teams play divisional opponents more frequently, which means BC has the tougher schedule overall.

Any more questions? You can dispute MY power all you like.

Kel