New posters - Trust, earned or default

I prefer to give new the posters the benefit of the doubt. I am a "trust until given reason not to" kind of guy. IE: trust by default.

I dont assume they are one hit wonders until they never seem to return

I dont asume they mean to troll unless there be no reasonable doubt

I dont worry about if they maybe some one who posts, or has posted, under another handle. I just assume they are brand new and happy to have them aboard.

Am I rare in this?

Hard to say. Sounds like you’re an optimist. Just keep doing what you’re doing is my advice.

The trust system on this site isn't very good. All you really have to do to gain trust is post and lot and like things. It has zero to do with the content that you post or how many people you piss off.

2 Likes

post count and such carries little weight with me.

2 Likes

trust those who post facts or admitted opinions. dismiss those who openly lie. post count means nothing.

2 Likes

We were all bench warmers at first. I’ve started to catch on a bit as to trolls and the like. If a first time poster seems to have a legit question or poll, I will usually reply to make them feel welcome. Agree with post count numbers.

2 Likes

FYB has been here so long that his seat has rusted straight through and he can see the road while he drives :rofl:

I haven't posted here much since they revamped the forums, but my seat is almost as bad as FYB's.

2 Likes

Hi Paul…all good with you now?

2 Likes

Yes thanks. Despite the quality of football these days.

2 Likes

Welcome back Paul_ste_marie, you were missed a whole bunch :bouquet:

3 Likes

You guys really helped a lot.

3 Likes

that is very good to hear.

2 Likes

Good people on this forum. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes welcome back indeed. Some of us, I’m not naming names, miss your corny jokes too you know.

2 Likes

I share some of your thoughts. There are only two types of new posters whom I don’t give benefit of doubt.

1. The commenter comes on here to bash the CFL in their first post.
  2. The first post is a juicy rumour with no substantiation and worse yet, no qualifiers or conditions expressed.

We went through a great wave of these in the off-season with all that chatter about some other league that does not have a season.

And I certainly hope we don’t go back to that crap and those people can stay on their Reddit feeds and amuse themselves with their fantasy fantasy leagues.

2 Likes

I need names.

2 Likes

The "upgraded" site was logging me out every time and when I logged in it would always make me change my password via email.

Since I hadn't posted in over a year because of last season getting cancelled, I thought it a good opportunity to make a new account, and I haven't had any trouble logging in at all.

Problem solved.

1 Like

I have been fortunate. I first logged on to the old fan huddle back in around 98 and since then, almost every time upgraded, my original handle continued to work. One early upgrade required all of us ( I think ) to re enlist but I was still able to use my original handle.

3 Likes

They are marked for use only if necessary. :sweat_smile:

Thankfully we have been onto a new CFL season now and there is time to plan for a better 2022.

1 Like

I dont say much, and i don't remember my 1st post.lol

4 Likes