New one division league

Hey guys :smiley:
Does anyone else think it will be a little unfair if a basement dweller in the West is allowed to compete in the league championship just because the West HAS to be represented? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only the top teams should be allowed in the playoffs...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Huh?

sorry Mike .
Perhaps a failed attempt at some humour at the West's expense. :stuck_out_tongue:

Before labour day, some suggested , because of the very poor record from the East that perhaps it would be fair if the CFL had one league with nine teams since it is possible for a team with a sub 500 standing to still make the playoffs but since the East has dominated the West since Labour Day, I thought it might be somewhat humorous to turn the table around... :lol:

Oh, I see what you did there. You tried to imply that because the east has been on a winning streak recently, that somehow the west has worse records then the east, and that the west division would be cry foul if we suggested that the east somehow managed to have one of our teams not crossover despite having a superior record (which at this time is impossible, because there are only 4 teams in the east division.)

Thanks Geoff now I completely understand. The CFL is based fundamentally on east/west rivalry. I support the east, with the exception of the blew team, of course, whenever they play the west. I'm sure the majority of westerners do the reverse. :slight_smile:

I’m assuming that this is a sarcastic response to those preaching for a one-division league after the first month of the season with the so-called “Western Dominance”…