New Moderator

We are pleased to announce that @BetweenTheGoalposts has been added to the volunteer moderating team. We think he will be a great addition.

@disciplineandpunish retired as a moderator a few months ago and he hasn’t been replaced. That was manageable in the off season but as we are getting closer to having real football again the forum is getting busier and we expect that trend will continue.

In the past there has been some member discussion as to how moderators are added. It has always been an informal process as it was in this case. But stay tuned. In the next few weeks there will be a thread appearing initiated by staff discussing the moderator appointment process.

In the meantime please welcome our new moderator.

14 Likes

Fantastic choice!

6 Likes

welcome aboard.

4 Likes

Yup, great choice

5 Likes

Congrats, great choice!

Now, don’t suspend me if I say a kicker sucks! :smile:

5 Likes

I have the occasional 40 lashes here.
It only hurts when you breath

3 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I want to thank Jon and the rest of the moderators for giving me this opportunity. I truly appreciate the confidence you’ve placed in me.

Over the last year, I’ve spent countless hours on the forum and enjoyed every minute of it. The sense of community here is very strong, and I’ve gotten to know some amazing people who have helped me challenge my views on a multitude of topics. Speaking with members, some of whom have watched football longer than I’ve been alive, has been an incredible experience, and I’ve gained so much more respect for the CFL as a whole.

I’m eager to get started and will get up to speed with the moderator tools and guidelines as fast as possible. I’m here to help and support the community as best as I can.

And don’t worry, I won’t suspend you for saying a kicker sucks! :rofl:

– Noah

15 Likes

But what the kicker really pooped the bed?

2 Likes

welcome @BetweenTheGoalposts :slight_smile:

cfl has too much kicking. need another down.

*flies away on her broom

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, just in time for the upcoming season, thanking you in advance for your service.

5 Likes

Come to think of it, I think we should run a test now.

Now please understand, this does not count, for it is ONLY a test.

Scenario:

A team sends in their kicker for a field goal attempt despite a noticeably sore leg after a first quarter kickoff.

Result:

The kick on the field goal attempt goes wide left and is short anyway.

Paolo X’s comment in disgust:

“That’s what you get you fools! You’re not getting much traction when you are running your car on a flat tire you darn bojacks!”

The test is hereby complete.

Perhaps we can get a test ruling @BetweenTheGoalposts ?

Settle down please everybody, this is only a test.

5 Likes

The comment…

Stays up!

5 Likes

Mmmmm
Fresh meat!

Just kidding
Thank you for your commitment
and thanks to all the other mods and contributors to this site

:+1:

8 Likes

Charlie Brown Football GIF

5 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

Well this is what you get when you make a kicker junkie and special teams nerd into a mod . :scream_cat: :laughing: :smile:

3 Likes