New Moderator

As the Als forum is now without a moderator, I would like to nominate Richard Veilleux to be our next moderator.

I believe Richard to be eminently suitable for such a role, if he would be willing to take it on. Consider the following:

1. Richard is extremely knowledgeable about the CFL in general, and the Alouettes in particular;

2. Richard is fluently bilingual;

3. Richard is not an arrogant know-it-all who takes personal offence if anyone dares question one of his opinions;

4. Richard does not engage in misinformation, disinformation, or outright lies;

5. Richard is not snippy with others, doesn’t flood the forums with repetitive posts, and always has something worthwhile to contribute.

6 Likes

we don’t actually assign moderators to designated forums.

4 Likes

who left the ranks??

So Richard is knowledgeable enough to moderate other team forums also.

1 Like

Well that’s a good thing because outside of the Hamilton and Montreal forums the other team forums all have crickets chirping and tumbleweeds blowing through them . Moderating any of those forums would be akin to being the Maytag repairman .

5 Likes

Je n’enlève rien à la qualité de la proposition, mais avons-nous effectivement perdu un modérateur?

Yes, me. I turned in my badge a couple weeks ago. Enjoying the non-moderator life now!

4 Likes

Je vois. Merci!

1 Like

:rofl:

So is that thanks for turning it in or thanks for letting me know ?

Well, bobo, if I’m reading things right, I’d expect you and your colleagues in the Hamilton forums would opt for the first interpretation.

2 Likes

No comment on the grounds it might incriminate me . :smiley:

2 Likes

Hard to understand how a non-fan of a team can keep offering advice without having a feel for the team like the actual fans do.

2 Likes

Hope you’ll still be around!

4 Likes

« Bonne retraite de ton rôle de modérateur » et au plaisir de continuer à te lire et échanger comme membre du forum CFL Alouettes Go Als

3 Likes

Histoire de guérir bobo82 de son hilarité un peu déplacée, mon remerciement était pour le fait que D&P ait répondu à la question.

J’espère que ce dernier continuera de contribuer à ce forum, car son jugement est aiguisé et il est capable de porter son regard dans une profondeur que certains n’ont pas, dont je suis. Ceci bénéficie à tous et il est à souhaiter qu’il demeure de la conversation.

4 Likes

I really appreciate this, LeStaf. Thank you. Yeah, I’m still here and I fully intend to keep participating in the conversation. I’m so glad to see many new faces in the past year on our team forum. We’re the second-most active team forum on this site behind Hamilton, and that is something to be proud of.

GO ALS GO! Let’s go get that 9th Cup in 2024. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It may seem inappropriate to you LeStaf if you aren’t aware of the backstory. Bobo is a Cats fan, and there are quite a lot of Cats fans rather annoyed at a Non-Cat fan flooding their forums.

so when did this happen? got any links? flooded? really?

2 Likes

Just what’s been told to me by Cats fans. Ask them.

oh because they said. so you care about those ticat fans so much now. lols

2 Likes