new lineup for next year...woohooo...from free agency

Bob Obillovich needs to find a way to get Geroy Simon to play with Casey Printers..

OFFENCE:

Goodspeed and Sheridan Offensive Tackles
Hudson and Marcoux Offensive Guards
Hage (Centre)
Geroy Simon and Dominguez as wide receivers
Armstead as the backup
Brock Ralph and French as the slotbacks
Chris Bauman as the backup
Terry Caulley and Anthony Davis as running backs
Jesse Lumsden and Kori Dickerson as fullbacks
Casey Printers, Richie Williams and Ryan Dinwiddie as the quarterbacks
Nick Setta as the kicker.

For the defence
Tay Cody and Jykine Bradley as Cornerbacks
Chip Cox and maybe Lawrence Gordon as Defensive backs
Sandy Beveridge as safety or someone new
JoJUan Armour, Zeke Moreno and Ray Mariuz as linebackers
Nautyn Mckay Loescher Dario Romero, Clinton Wayne and Tom Canada as our front four

Wishful thinking. Only one problem (actually two problems): 1) Jesse is a running back not a full back and 2) won't fit all these players under the cap (considering you still need to pay the second stringers).

The salary cap implications are the key to this wish list. Sorry, you can't have them all.

And...for heaven's sake, don't put Cody out on the corner. Bad enough last season taking an excellent HB and trying to make him into a safety.....don't compound the error by now trying to make him into a corner. The guy is a HB, play him in his natural position.

Indeed. I like Madden 2004 because you can turn off the salary cap, but I digress... :smiley:

The reality of the SMS -- particularly after landing Printers -- is the the Cats could realistically target two, possibly three high-profile FAs per year, depending on how high the cap number goes. Any additional room for FAs would entail stripping salary by discarding vets and going younger. Well, the Cats can't get much younger!

Re Cody: Although I had no qualms about the Tay-at-rover experiment, I agree that defensive halfback is his ideal position. He got burned more often last year than in the past, but I ascribe a lot of that due to a) inconsistent pass rush during the year and b) Ed O'Neil's playcalling not challenging any QB to have to read harder against the Cat D. Tay can still play. With McKay-Loescher and Keith, we have potential at the bookends (NML is a beast!). We shall see what magic Obie can weave on the DL by training camp to upgrade further.

Oski Wee Wee,

You are right; the lack of a consistent pass rush was one big problem for the Cats' secondary last year. Doesn't matter how good your secondary is, with no pass rush, opposing QBs are going to find some open receivers. More pressure means less time, so the secondary doesn't have to cover as long.

Most CFL teams have their star receivers at slotback as opposed to wide receiver. That makes the HB position more crucial than the corner, usually. And the HB position is where Cody belongs and where he can excel, laying out those big hits on opposing slots.

But really, where you play him won't matter a tinker's dam unless a pass rush is present, which sadly it wasn't most of last year.

Yah!lol Jesse is to big to be a fullback.You would have to get rid of a few of them like ralph to catch up!

Geroy is not a Free Agent

won't matter a tinker's dam
Sorry for the off-topic comment but thank you, thank you, for using this phrase. I thought that I was the last person on earth to employ it. I wonder how many people on this board know what it refers to.

Is this it:

http://plateaupress.com.au/wfw/tinker.htm

I heart Google.

Funny how last year at this time the talk was about how we werent going to use Free Agency to improve the team...

8) But Crash, that was last year, and this is this year !!!!!!! :wink:

...give me "tinker's cuss" any day:

"Yes, well, of course that's just the sort of blinkered Philistine pig ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage. You sit there on your loathsome, spotty behinds, squeezing blackheads; not caring a tinker's cuss about the struggling artist. You excrement! You lousy hypocritical whining toadies, with your lousy colour TV sets and your Tony Jacklin golf clubs and your bleeding Masonic handshakes!"

I think last year proved that Hamilton has to spend money on free agents AND recruit them through scouting if the team hopes to be a force.

What do you mean cap ?Didn't the red hat bandit promise me randy moss and T.O. well their salaries are greater than the wish list besides won't he have tons of new revenue from the increases.