New linebacker

Bombers made a trade this morning:

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has acquired International linebacker Abraham Kromah from Hamilton in exchange for future considerations. Kromah (6-0, 227, Duke, October 3, 1988 in Staten Island, NY) signed in Hamilton this past offseason, and has been on the one-game injured the first three weeks of 2014. Kromah spent his first two CFL seasons with Saskatchewan. In total, he has recorded 39 defensive tackles, five special teams tackles, one sack and one fumble recovery.

Here's hoping Kromah shines for the Bombers.

....This guy was great before his injury in sask....IF he is totally recovered this is a very good acquisition...He definitely will shore up the middle... :wink:

By all accounts that I've seen and heard Kromah is the real deal.The Cats originally signed him in FA after losing both Johnson and Lawrence in FA,unfortunately for Kromah,he got injured early on in camp,Lawrence resigned with the team and Plesius emerged as the starting Mike in his absence. The team still has ex-Bomber Bowman and ex-NFLer Caldwell on the 1 gm IL,and is rather deep in depth at the linebacker position carrying 8 on the active roster. It appears that Kromah got lost in the shuffle
and that the Bombers will yet again add another ex-Cat to help in their revitalisation this year from last. Players such as Bucknor,Kelly,Kohlert,Peach,Vega etc etc have all IMO looked great for your team this year,especially Bucknor who so far is ranked 3rd in total tackles with 17 and Kelly who is currently ranked at 4th in receiving yards with 172 yds. It's only 3 games in and already the Bombers have matched their win total from last season,with 15 games to go to improve on it,outside of when you play us :wink: Good Luck the rest of the way,so far it's been a nice turnaround for your team and you fans in the Peg :thup:

A little off topic, but I don't get the Bucknor love. Yes he's made some plays and leads in tackles, but That's because he is the weak spot in the secondary (IMO) and he is often targeted by QB's. I was at the first 2 games and I cursed his name a few times.

The secondary has been burned on numerous occasions, but that will usually happen when people are being shuffled around constantly. Otherwise, Bucknor has fit in rather well as far as I can tell, other than a missed tackle or two in the opener. Let's see what happens when the unit plays together for a few games before coming to any conclusions. Hopefully, injuries won't make it difficult to build some cohesiveness back there! :rockin:

Kromah is an interesting addition. Not quite sure how he fits in or who comes out of the lineup. As an international he doesn't really help with our ratio so to get him on the field, who sits? At any rate he'll be a good body as a backup if we can't fit him in right away.

As for Bucknor, there's a few things to consider here. Having a lot of tackles can mean either you're very active on the field or you're being picked on. Obviously I think he's being picked on and there's 2 reasons for that. The opposite side of the field you're throwing against Randle which is a much tougher task and he's a Nat which teams will automatically consider a weak spot in an defensive front. He's giving up catches and yards, sure, but he hasn't been guilty of any brutal PI calls as far as I can recall and he's been a sure tackler that doesn't bounce off guys. Maybe Alexander takes over that spot now if he's healthy or we stick with Bucknor and maybe he steadily improves over the course of the season. I think we could be better there but we could also do worse than what Bucknor's done so far.

Will Ford also released today. Grigsby or Cotton showed what they could do, Ford wasn't healthy enough to.

I’m not to sure about love,but so far you guys got the good end of the trade,Bucknor not only is starting for you,he is playing a traditional import spot and a nice ratio buster role on your team. Aprile on the other hand for us was a healthy scratch in game 1 and placed on the IL for game 2.Don’t forget that Bucknor started most of the season with us in 2012 in what was probably one of the worst secondary’s in CFL history,then last season was relegated to a back up role most of the season,so he has obviously proven he can be a starter in the league,and remember he is only in his 3rd year as a pro and can only improve and get better the more he starts and plays and gains experience.

rutal PI calls as far as I can recall and he's been a sure tackler that doesn't bounce off guys. Maybe Alexander takes over that spot now if he's healthy or we stick with Bucknor and maybe he steadily improves over the course of the season. I think we could be better there but we could also do worse than what Bucknor's done so far

Wasn't Bucknor the last part of the 3 years of 3 National CBs drafted, Rookie FA, From 2010-2012 to start at CB.
Hinds - New Hampshire 2010
Chris Rwuka.... Duke 2011
Bucknor 2012 Windsor

All three seemed to be rushed into the starting role in 1st or 2nd year
All three played pretty well last season.
Rwukam... and Hinds at Safety in EDM where in the C.Jones defense everyone has to cover.