New Internet site dedicated to the Alouettes

Fell across on this site put together by Charles Andre Marchand and Johany Jutras. It is mostly French but beautifully laid out.

I recommend you check it out.

[url=http://www.passionfootball.ca/articles-recents/entrevue-avec-dan-hawkins/]http://www.passionfootball.ca/articles- ... n-hawkins/[/url]

Great site, thanks for that .

Take a look at the Als combine interview with Nicolas Boulay. Popp seems genuinely interested in drafting him.

[url=http://www.passionfootball.ca/articles-recents/lentrevue-un-moment-cle-du-camp-devaluation-de-la-lcf/]http://www.passionfootball.ca/articles- ... de-la-lcf/[/url]

Nice to see some variety out there. Great interview.

Well, from this clip there is no doubt that Popp is serious about recruiting good talent for the Als and that definitely includes local talent.

I know that he was probably very disappointed at not being chosen GM with an NFL team; he may yet get his chance. But for the time being, he is an Als GM. The moves he has made to solidify the team in key positions tells me he is committed to not only put a winning team on the field, but one that can make it to the GC.

So, I look forward to seeing how all of this plays out and hope we have a great team on the field come June 27.

Go Als go!

I think if Trestman is successful it might happen. A lot is ridding on Trestman’s success for Popp IMO.

Not quite sure what you mean, Hfx. If Trestman is successful (presumably with his new NFL franchise), what will happen?

The success or failure of Popp and the Alouettes is now in the hands of a new coaching staff, the players, including the newly-signed players.

If Marc is successful with the Bears. Jim will get credit for seeing what nobody in the NFL saw. Also Trestman will have a lot of credibility and continued opportunities in the NFL so it would only be a matter of time for him to find a spot for Jim. If he falls on his face. The NFL types will say. “See its an inferior league”…

Je crois comprendre le chemin de notre ami HfxTC.

Si Trestman s’avère avoir du succès avec les Bears, ce succès rejaillira indirectement sur Popp en ce que c’est lui qui l’a découvert comme entraîneur-chef alors que tous ces génies de la NFL ne le regardaient pas.

Cela ajouterait à la crédibilité de Popp pour l’avoir déniché.

Il va sans dire qu’effectivement, s’il fallait que Hawkins et sa bande aient également du succès, cela s’ajouterait à ceux que Trestman a connus à Montréal et rendrait l’aura de Popp plus sexy au sud de la frontière.

On ne peut pas dire que Hawkins hérite d’une équipe en pleine débâcle. On a toujours une des meilleures attaques de la ligue (sur papier, évidemment), un quart expérimenté et qui demeure excellent, de bons éléments en défensive, surtout les secondeurs et la tertiaire. Ce qui demeure à améliorer est la ligne défensive, la profondeur dans la tertiaire et les unités spéciales. De ce côté, Rychleski a beaucoup impressionné Éric Leblanc. Ça ne veut pas dire grand chose, mais il demeure qu’il arrive avec un bagage sérieux.

Now I understand, Hfx.

I know many on this forum were upset with Marc's jump to the NFL. Lest we forget, Marv Levy did the very same thing years ago. This scenario is almost bound to repeat itself with American players and coaches. Football in the USA is a religion and draws great crowds and media attention. We may also lose Popp at some point.

Some posters have commented that Popp, while highly successful in recruiting great talent year after year in the CFL, does not have the same NFL credentials Trestman has. However, if Trestman were to have a successful year with the Bears as you say, he may well put in a good word for Popp.

For the time being, my main focus is success on the field for the 2013 edition of the Als. Next season - who knows!

Go Als go!

With respect to the new French internet site- I enjoyed it. When info from French sources is put on our Forum, I always have the opportunity to perceive how the Quebecois attend to the Als team. As an ex Montreal person, I do keep in touch with both the Habs, Als and the Rouge et Or. I believe the latter was instramental in building the emerged fan interest for the Als and, the CIS league. I have noticed well the football interest in Quebec. When I was in high school, the Als were an English attended game. Without support from the Quebecois, I believe the Als would not exist today.

C’est vrai, mais on peut dire la même chose en ce qui concerne le support de la communauté anglophone. Sans son support, les Alouettes ne seraient plus à Montréal non plus.

En fait, si les support des francophones était proportionnel à la moitié des succès que les Alouettes ont eus depuis leur retour à Montréal, le Stade Olympique serait trop petit pour cette équipe et Moslon aurait acheté l’équipe.

I'm not going to get into why I was upset when Trestman left, because no matter how many times I outline my reasons, some members don't seem to listen and come back to the same old tired canard about giving people opportunities.

Prends une bonne bière, mon ami, et médite un peu à nos pauvres amis de Winnipeg qui devront mettre encore leurs espoirs entre les mains de Buck Pierce et Joe Mack. Ça devrait te ramener le sourire.

En passant, je commence à me demander si le poste que Burke convoitait était vraiment celui d’entraîneur-chef. Il y aura une belle opportunité là avant longtemps…

Heh. I’m not upset, actually, just tired of having to get into the Trestman thing every time because people have no memory. :wink:

En passant, je commence à me demander si le poste que Burke convoitait était vraiment celui d'entraîneur-chef. Il y aura une belle opportunité là avant longtemps...
Tough situation for Burke this year. I hope he succeeds.

Je ne lui veux pas de mal, mais je ne souhaite pas… :twisted:

Well, yeah, I’ll cheer for him except when Winnipeg plays Montreal, of course. :smiley: