New Ideas for Bob

First off, I want to explain my name. Disco78 came to me in a dream...well, not really, but it has everything to do with the Ti-cats. You see, 1978 is the year I became a Ti-cat fan. And, of course, it was the year that Disco really jumped from the underground to mainstream. It's what I remember as a kid. It has nothing to do with a love for disco (although, I must admit, "Freak Out" by Tres Chic is a guilty pleasure of mine). Now, I promised myself that if I ever did take the leap to writing forums that I would always stay positive, and not be so "Generic". I don't always want to talk about what needs to be done for the team to be successful. We all have our opinions there, and I do enjoy reading those blogs, but they can get repetative. I want to bring fresh ideas and thoughts forward. I aspire to be the comic relief in times of ...dare I say...hard times. I hope to become a valued contributor to these forums. I will try my best. I hope you accept my sometimes "odd" perspective on football, and of course, I welcome critism. We all have opinions.

Speaking of opinions, try this one on for size Bob. I think you need to get out there at Ivor Wynne for a game and sell 50/50 tickets, or hot dogs. Think how much money you would make. People will want to buy from you left and centre. Get all the brass out there. Wear yellow t-shirts with your names on them. Let the people see all of you and know who you are. Now, of course there needs to be people in the press box taking care of business, but...you know...work something out.

With that said, let me just say, "Let the games begin!" I am looking forward to this great new season! Go Cats!

I think you need to make a video of yourself
with a big goofy smile on your face, disco78

and a large name tag around your neck
with the words DISCO78 in bold print

and put it on bob's website, www.lulu.tv

I want you to wear your name tag proudly
and play "Freak Out" on an audio player
at every Ticat Home Game this season

SO WE CAN GIVE YOU A KICK IN THE BUTT

for being so presumptuous as to
tell caretaker bob what to do!

P.S.

if your first post was
meant as a fresh idea

you don't have a clue,

if your first post was
meant as comic relief

so was my post.

P.S.S.

It is hard to tell my post
was humorous, eh, Disco78

Suggestion:

Everbody here could distinguish
humour from serious comments

if emoticons are used in posts
that are intended to be humorous.

I think you need to get out there at Ivor Wynne for a game and sell 50/50 tickets, or hot dogs.

Well, quite a suggestion. I'm sure Bob just can't wait to implement this idea on a large scale and take this franchise "over the top" so to speak to bigger and better things. :lol:

Truth be told, for some reason I can see Bob happily doing something like this...

Bob is far too busy a man to do things like this even if he wanted to.

Bob is a HUGE name and icon in the Linux world and with that along with running LULU.com i'm amazed he even has time to write us all a letter from time to time.

What you suggest is only possible if all Bob did was own the Ti-Cats but he has so much more on his plate. We should do nothing but praise Bob for all he has done for this team.. for his loyalty to Hamilton even when the team hasn't been winning and he is losing money. I don't think its appropriate that we ask him for more.

zen, have you ever had the opportunity to meet Bob? If so, you would learn that he is one of the most down-to-earth people out there. I think it would be quite a coup if during one of the home games, the person selling you a beer in the stands happens to be out own Caretaker (as long as it`s cold, eh Bob? lol).

thats all well and good but what does it have to do with how busy he is? busy people come in good and bad forms..

This site REALLY needs a "sarcasm" emoticon...

I fully understand that Bob is a very busy man. He MAKES time to come out to Tiger-Cats games. I just think that this is some good old thinking-outside-of-the-box that Bob seems to like.

i think Bob should do this if we don't make the playoffs, since he pretty much made a guarantee that we'll be there.

You see, 1978 is the year I became a Ti-cat fan. And, of course, it was the year that Disco really jumped from the underground to mainstream.
Sorry Disco78 but I think that you processed this info through the memories of a child. (It can make even bad things seem better.... for instance, some car trips I took with my family when I was a kid- but I digress).The execrable movie 'Saturday Night Fever' (growing out of the lamentable song in' Alive')happened in '77.

Gloria Gaynor and Donna Summer were ruining the airwaves back in '74 (when I gave up completely on pop music).

I think you may mean the Disco went 'Hollywood' in '77-'78.... and a sad sad thing that was. :frowning: :frowning:

{'77 was also a rotten year on the field. We went 5-11 and Jimmy Edwards (RB) and Ken Clark (K) were our only all-stars. And if you want '78 that year was almost as bad. Only 1 all-star (Zambiasi at LB) but we did end in 3rd place (5-10-1) beating out the Argos. Somehow the depressing Disco era fits stats like that (sort of like Rap and today's team.... but I hear that rap sales have started to plummet so there may be hope on both fronts! :slight_smile: }

I think Bob makes more in 1 hours work in his day job than he could make in a year of selling hotdogs and 50/50 tickets.

I do not even know if I would buy a dog from Bob...is he a good cook??

Way to make someone feel welcomed on these forums guys... lets keep beating people up about their posts

:roll:

welcome to the forums Disco78

Good point. I'd be a little weary too. Of course if you ever stop to think what actually comprises a hotdog it doesn't matter who cooks it.

I do not even know if I would buy a hot dog from Bob...is he a good cook??
Hot dogs are a speciality. David Braley and I cooked up a bunch of them before the BC game back a couple of seasons ago.

While I'll continue to hobnob with y'all in the stands this season, I don't think I can be trusted to take your money.

My mother still dines out on the story of going to the bank with me when I was 11 or so, and saw I was depositing a bunch of cash into my account. When she asked me where I came across so much extra money I simply admitted that "well, you've never asked for your change back whenever you sent me to the store..."

This of course was back in the olden days when people used to live within walking distance of stores. :wink:

When she asked me where I came across so much extra money I simply admitted that "well, you've never asked for your change back whenever you sent me to the store...

That's why you are very successful Bob and why I'm not, I think if my memory serves me right I just gave the change back to my Mom. Good on ya though! Listening out there young guys and gals? :thup:

Well, like I said, I welcome critism. ronfromtigertown, I am not a millionairre. Hell, I can't even spell it! Bob obviously made his money from being smart. I would not presume that I am smarter than he. But I do know he likes new ideas. If this is not new, than excuse me; I haven't been around the forum much. I did not mean to insult anyone, primarily Bob. He does a great job. I could just see him enjoying something like this, and of course not all the time; We all have our own busy lives. Mark, you are right! I was only 8 at the time, and not much of a music monger. I suppose I was off a few years.

Thanks halfthedistance for the warm welcome. And thanks to those who taught me a valuable lesson: be careful what you write.

be careful what you write

Disco, don't take it too, too personal, I've been ripped plenty a time and for good reason, your post is prose compared to some of the stuff I have put on here. 8)
Just have to learn to laugh at yourself, like most of us do around this joint. :lol:

Funny thing- It took me a while to learn to laugh at myself but for other people to learn to laugh at me seems to take no time at all.
Hmmm....

hahahahahahhahahahahahaha...

laughing with you Mark, of course. :wink:

I see bob tactfully turned down you idea, disco78.

You took a lot of heat from some people
and you got support from several others.

Par for the course.

I guess you may be careful now to not
publicly volunteer people for things.

Sometimes what I write here
blows up like a landmine on me.

You should see the trouble myself and others get
from the hardline politically correct people.

Welcome to the website, disco78. :thup:

Post at your own peril. :smiley:

Just kidding. :slight_smile: