New Forum Design Comments

Is it just me or does the colour of the font on the posts seem a bit deeper? Not so much on the posting page, but on the posted messages?

I can now link to the forum from the Tiger-Cats webpage, plus I have bookmarked the Tiger-Cat Chat page as well as the CFL forum page. Gets me right there if I wish to do that. Actually, it is sort of handy being able to go directly to the CFL page and to scroll to the various teams. The old system was a bit tedious for doing that.

So over-all, I think things are better, or I am getting used to them? Either way, its good.

Now, if we can just get rid of the red and go to black and gold, the world would be almost perfect!

Very good post. I agree with all of your points. This new commissioner and his regime is actually scaring me and seems to be undoing all the forward progress Mark Cohon accomplished. Hardly anybody likes the new logo or forum so how is this helping with the fan experience. :thdn:

Honestly the only thing I hate about the makeover is the new logo. Everything else I love. I love that I can create a custom avatar. The smilies look better even though they are the same ones. The quoting looks better, the thread titles look better. I like the overall layout better, I even love the little membership titles. I also didn't have problems logging into the new forum which apparently wasn't the case for everyone...

I've been complaining so long about the old board, it's so nice not to have to live in 2005 anymore...

It was not broke and did not need fixing .
Now just a plain old black and white format . There is no feeling that it is a ti cat team web site just another foot ball site.
I do not get the fan feeling at all.
I remain a ti-cat fan and always will be but I will likely get my Team information else where. Good luck with YOUR new site . It has the look of a news site .

I have been unable to even get on the site for the last 3 days. Error 404, whatever that is. I sent an email to the Ti-Cats office, but of course, they did not respond :thdn:

Teddy, I had the same thing happen to me when I tried to access the site from my New Tab page, where it’s one of my Frequent sites. What I think it is is that link goes to “forums.ticats.ca”, but th new site is no longer “hosted” by Ticats.ca. You have to go through “forums.cfl.ca” now.

I don't mind it, there is a bit too much white, but it's easier to navigate on a phone.

What I don't like is that gray blob in the top left hand corner with some stitches, the letters CFL and a microscopic maple leaf on it.

:thdn: it's crap! Miss a black and yellow site and the way it was set up far superior to this generic version for every team

it's crap! Miss a black and yellow site and the way it was set up far superior to this generic version for every team.
you are right this site brings down the ti-cat experence to the lowest form . Just the same as all the rest . To bad because they had it right.

The new site reminds of the new logo, Bland...... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Biggie… you’ve been reincarnated as a rookie! Still in Fisherville, I think?

Too bad the old forum had to be changed.
This version needs some Tiger-Cat colours/branding.
Is this just temporary?

It is indeed just temporary. :slight_smile:

Thanks Sully!

Then why was such an unfinished product as this imposed on us - the users?

I don't hate it...just too much white. Give me back some black and gold.

I'm sure some kinks are being worked out and the gang at MRX will get it straightened out.

The other option was to let the forums go down for an extended period of time. Between that option and not having your team colours and logo on a sub-forum I think the right choice was made.

Then why was such an unfinished product as this imposed on us - the users?
[/quote]
The other option was to let the forums go down for an extended period of time. Between that option and not having your team colours and logo on a sub-forum I think the right choice was made.
[/quote]
OK…I’ll buy that…BUT,

Please fix the new logo…listen to the fans…we’ve sent lots of e-mails and no response…even a petition…nothing. :roll:

The new logo is terrible…at least make the maple leaf bigger and put ends back on the football. I could accept that, but not this “thing” that looks like an electric receptacle. :thdn:

I think you should give it a chance! Personally, I really like it, but I’ve always liked a flatter / more minimalist design aesthetic. I did laugh at whomever photoshopped the logo to read “LOL” instead of “CFL”, though. :smiley:

Just a thought related to wasted space. Why is it necessary to show the posting users number of posts, date joined and location with every post? Seems overly redundant and really why would I care. Have the info available as a link to the profile on a separate window if one really cares to look. Since there are no mods monitoring, people like to use the low number of posts a person has to sometimes belittle a said poster because of it. In other words, since I only have 388 posts as related to someone who has 5000 posts, my posts mean nothing in the heat of a disagreement with said higher number poster. Giving people monikers that differentiate posters because of the number of posts is going to create classes of posters. Not what these forums should promote.