New Football Ops Structure

Ticats announce new football ops structure:

O no longer coach (staying upstairs)
Hervey GM
New coach announced next week

3 Likes

Wow! Exactly what needed to happen but I must confess I didn’t see it coming. Good for Hamilton.

6 Likes

Milanovic?

Try clicking on the “Football Staff” tab on the team website and get a 404 error.

2 Likes

I’d imagine so. Now the way is clear for him to become head coach and OC.

2 Likes

One has to think that El Presidente had to take a haircut on his salary now that half of his previous job is gone. Hervey probably gets a bit of a raise, but no mention of Allemang and Zimmerman, so likely savings there. This is good for the Football Ops Salary Cap in Hamilton.

1 Like

I’m thinking likely one of Allemang or Zimmerman stays, not both, or they just hire a new director of Canadian scouting. Should not need an assistant GM with both Hervey and Steinauer there.
At least this sets up a clear org structure - my guess is HC reports to Hervey who reports to Steinauer. Makes a lot more sense all around.

5 Likes

Welcome Coach M. Just hope he stays here year round.

5 Likes

W-O-W to the bomb that just dropped

2 Likes

It’s close to what a few of us were hoping for, but time will tell if it’s the right decision. I would have been happier if Stein were fired from everything, and I’m not too sure about Hervey.

1 Like

Christmas comes early To the TiCat forum! :wink:

Not sure how you stay on as President when you’ve been fired as Coach? But good to see change at HC.

2 Likes

Encouraging…to a point. Hervey feels like a convenience hire and doesn’t make team better beyond less clutter.
And why not just name Milo as HC right now ?

3 Likes

“He wants too much money”.

He’s probably not in town (all kidding aside) and they want to formally introduce him to the media.

3 Likes

Does that matter? what is he going to do through the cold 5 winter months.

It’s a prerequisite for the Riders so was just wondering.

3 Likes

I want to be pandered to. Steel mills, blue collar defense, Tim Hortons, that sort of thing.

4 Likes

Where’s the best pizza joint?

2 Likes

Mr. Grande

4 Likes

We don’t have cold winter months in Hamilton anymore . :laughing:

3 Likes

So who are we entrusting scouting and drafting to. ?

4 Likes