New Era NEW Outfitter of the CFL

The last image for the TiCats shows just a small tip of the bottom right of the helmet (below the ear hole and showing the chin strap button).

To me, it looks like the helmet is yellow/gold, going back to the helmets of the 50s to the 80s (when did the all black helmets first appear?).

Maybe going back to gold helmets???Hard to tell…

Not sure why the League is banning multiple helmet designs. I personally found the changes interesting and a change of pace.

Good eye and an interesting observation, longtimetcfan. I agree that it appears to be a yellow/gold helmet in that picture. The black helmets first appeared on our 1986 Grey Cup championship team.

The answer would be in the 1986 Grey Cup winning season was when the team first went to the all black helmet look .

1985 was the last year with the gold lids .

A story on why:

To me, it could still be a black helmet reflecting the background.

What happened? Or, where can we see them?
The CFL and its teams have all, recently, been teasing fans regarding the New Era uniforms and promoting the full reveal on Wednesday, May 15th. A day later, I haven’t seen anything, anywhere.

Gotta figure with the CFL and CFLPA coming towards agreement on a CBA they’re waiting for finalization so they can roll out properly with the players involved.

just a guess

CFL confirmed on Twitter it will be next week. No day given.

It looks like they're available in the store. No images with numbers on the jerseys yet, but they look completely unchanged.

Pretty sure the only change coming to the jersey part of the uniforms will be one colour numbers. (Not outline, for example yellow numbers and white outline from last year.) from what we can see in previews it will be just yellow and black on the away unis. Will be interested to see if they put a stripe back on the pants for this year though as they already put the stripe back on the helmets!

https://twitter.com/canadiancal30/status/1131238828889509888

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7L6wK0X4AAB4RT.jpg:large

Must be the PQ/Ontario exchange rate? Or maybe federal subsidies? :wink: Now, that’s petty!

A sixty dollar jersey at best.

No gold pants?
Love the stripe

Not a fan of the all whites. Rather see black or gold pants, or preferably, black away and gold at home. Be proud of your colours.

There is one reason our jerseys cost more than another team…we’re getting hosed.

Curious, where does that $210 price for a crested jersey come from? I don’t see them listed online at the Ticat store.

For blank jerseys, the Ticats are charging $129, while the Als are $119 and the Riders are $134. Too lazy to check all the teams.

I suppose if cresting stays at $70.00 then a crested Hamilton sweater would be $199.00, same as last year. Tax would add another $26.00. Although when I bought mine last June, pre-crested, they only charged $129.00.

When all is said and done, how many sweaters does one person need, regardless of manufacturer?

Love/Hate. Mostly hate.

Love the stripe on the helmet.

Hate the fact that there are no gold pants.

Hate the lack of backing colour on the numbers, which are too thin.

Hate the lack of white in the stripes on the shoulders, I would have like to wrap all the way around the arm.

Not a fan.

Based on the photos, posted by Grover, we’d have to think that white will be the regular pant colour with the away jerseys. But, are we sure there will be no gold pants? Have the teams been limited to 2 sets of pants with the new limit of 2 jerseys?

I wasn’t fond of any of the stripe-less pants – black, gold, or white – the team wore last year. And it looks like we’ve got the same for this season.

While I think having backing colours around the numbers is a more professional look, I won’t miss that feature as much as I have the helmet stripe in recent years.

I’d give up the top (4th) arm stripe to make space for a bigger logo. The jersey tiger, in recents years, has been too small, to my eye. Or, as I saw, somewhere recently, a fan’s idea of having the shoulder logo, larger, and leaping a bit more upward, placed right over, rather than above, the 4 stripes.