NEW Edmonton Team Name 2022?

Edmonton Elf's ?

edmonton effs

We'll revisit the matter in 2023.

At this point, as the team struggles for its continued existence, this Elks era needs to be put behind us for good.

Along with all the rash changes from the current leadership not around for terribly long at that, as the smoke clears I wish we'd just go back to Edmonton Football Team for a few seasons until brighter times return.

1 Like

At this point, I'd settle for the Empire branding they were doing to tide us over until they figure out what's going on over there.

I'd be okay with that too because the name Empire is at the core homage to the loyal fan base in much of Alberta and wherever we may roam, but it's not going to happen in modern times.

1 Like

I'm not a fan of using "Edmonton Empires" as the team name. I was just thinking for the advertising instead of having to call it the Edmonton football club.

1 Like

Edmonton EH's?

2 Likes

Like the Faunz would say; The Edmonton Ehhhhhhz

Did anyone ask if the Eskimos were offended by Edmonton Eskimos ? Just curious !

1 Like

I do believe this was an active discussion a few years ago, and it has long since passed but you can always look up those comments also off the forum.

There's no going back to that name if that's what you are aiming for again long after that discussion.

Note that when those discussions took place here or elsewhere, I did not take part and that might be because I was distracted by all the pandemic fuss or whatever else was going on in the world at the time.

1 Like

Someone did a survey and the natives said they weren't offended but one of the sponsors declared we had to change it anyway. I would have just found a new sponsor.

2 Likes