New Defensive Co-Ordinator

If the argos turf Rich Stubler, I think the Cats should consider him. Historically he's had success in this league in that role for a long time. I think the 2016 argos defensive struggles were more due the players than the coaching.

Who do you think the Cats should consider?

Reinebold would be the most seamless transition, he knows the players, the players love him, he is already the LB coach.
All the terminology, style and defensive schemes would still be intact.
He has been a HC, DC, and ST Coach in his long CFL career.

He was DC once, for us in 2012, and it was not good. He took a unit filled with great defensive players in their prime and neutered them to fit his weird schemes. I would look elsewhere if I were Hamilton. Reinebold seems to have found his niche as ST coach and that’s where he should stay IMO.

But, would he change everything or stay the course?
I am sure that would be part of the interview process for the job.

You guys are in the same situation as we our coaching wise but on the other side of the ball.

keep reinbold as ST Coach, he's the right fit for that job. I don't believe he should be our new DC only had one season coaching defense. bring in someone from outside and let's try to keep afloat here in tigertown

Sucks losing a quality CFL coach to NCAA ball but it happens. Perhaps one day he’ll be back like Austin.

Reinebold - :thup: :thup:

Barron Miles - :thup: :thup:

Tim Burke - :thdn:

Chamblin - :thdn:

Etcheverry - :thdn:

Casey Creehan - :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Who is available that understands the Canadian game and who has close ties with Austin?
Is this a short or long List?

Short list:

Mike Kelly
Charlie Taaffe
John Huard
Bart Andrus (count chocula)
Danny Maciocia
either Creehan.

Don't like the list!

I think Thorpe’s contract is up in Montreal…he’d be my top choice. He wanted out last year, got hired by Edm, league reversed it.

I don’t think he was particularly effective in ST either. Poor blocking schemes for Speedy B as well as too many blocked punts. Issues never seemed to be corrected.

No, Thorpe has another year on his contract.

Dennis McPhee - I think Orlondo Steinauer would recommend him highly.

:thup: :thup:

I also agree with Seymour.

I choked when I read this! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

May I add George Dickson and Tom Dimitroff?

I believe it was Mike Kelly, when he was the Bombers head coach, that called the shotgun or pistol formation a flag football concept that pro teams should ignore. Yeah, he's on the cutting edge of great football minds. He would be a disaster! :roll:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)