new Commish a BlueBomber?

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/News/2006/11/06/2253345-sun.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 5-sun.html[/url]

Tom Wright's office could be vacant for quite some time.

In fact, it's possible the CFL will not have a new commissioner until next spring.

Although the league's brass has known for exactly four months that Wright will be leaving his post at the end of the year, the search committee is still waiting for a complete list of candidates.

"We have engaged a third-party (headhunting) firm to help us with (replacing Wright) and they are gathering names now," said Edmonton Eskimo president Rick LeLacheur, who is part of the search committee.

"We will have a meeting at Grey Cup, but we will not have somebody by the end of the year. That is pretty clear.

"I would be quite happy if we had somebody going in to either the annual general meeting at the end of April or prior to training camps."

Instead of meeting at the Grey Cup to discuss the search for a new ringleader, the CFL should have put itself in a position to announce a new boss.

With the national sports media gathered in Winnipeg and the spotlight firmly on the league, the timing would have been perfect to introduce the new face and his ideas for the future.

"In a perfect world you would like to have somebody start right away," admitted LeLacheur.

"But a search like that takes time, no matter how you go about it.

"Tom was committed to this year, so it wasn't an emergency. And he has not operated as any type of lame duck."

When Wright officially leaves on Dec. 31, chairman of the CFL board of directors Gene Dunn - a Winnipeg Blue Bomber board member - will become the acting commissioner on an interim basis.

Brian Williams mentioned this yesterday in the TSN playoff preview. Goes to show you again how stupid the BOG are, we will have a temporary guy instead of the best cadidate around.
I say BRING BACK TOM.

I agree, why not extend Wrights contract!

I guess David Braley didn't want the job again....pass the Commisioners job around the league!