New coach for 2012 please!

Baby Steps my *** we been taking baby Steps for years …
It time to be making some Giant Leaps

9-9 3 year in row is not good enought anymore
This year it will get us 3rd play and out of playoffs quickly .
We don’t win on the road…
We win at home

Home Record this far 4 and 1 Away 1 & 4

I have to agree. There is no consistency in the way the Cats play. Seems like MB cannot motivate this team. They way they look against the Eskies, they might not win another game this year. Tackling sucks, coverage is poor, just totally a disaster. MAKE THE CHANGE OB

Or change OB. OB Has no track record as a winning GM. Marcel is his guy. It all starts at the top. It’s f…ng mess. Baggs dancing around all year instead of rushing the passer. GEEE SSZZZZZ Bob likes hiring nice guys. He needs to start hiring WINNERS!!! This is furstrating… :lol:

The way this team is looking so disorganized it will be extremely lucky to be 9-9 I see 7-11 or 8-10

We sit QBs right?...well, would it be a good idea to send Marcel up in the spotters booth for a game and let someone else with a little more energy run the sidelines. Just to change up the chemistry a bit and see how the players respond. I know it sounds a little drastic but Marcel could still run things from up there.....but the players will have to react to whoever is on the sidelines giving them the death stare. We see co-ordinators vacate the sidelines sometimes and go upstairs. Why not a head coach ? They are all still able to communicate through their head sets after all.

....that's all I have as far as a possible solution (not much, I know) :roll:

It a neat Idea Deerhunter but this just don’t happen in pro Ball…

Head coach are on sidelines always

This!!!

O’Billovich is not a winner at all…

He took credit for the Argonauts winning the ‘83 Grey Cup because of the Offence.But all he really did was carry on Mouse Davis’ Run and Shoot after he ran Davis out of Toronto and into the USFL.

He then,incredibly,got credit for turning BC around when all he was was Bob ackles “sous chef”…

We’ve got a permanent hanger on as a GM…No wonder 9-9 is all we can hope to achieve!And frankly,.500 is going to be a herculaian effort at this rate this year…

You can't fire 42 men on the roster so sometimes the easier decision is one head coach. However, in league history, firing the coach mid-season hasn't produced many dramatic turn-arounds like in other sports. Yet, the Riders seemed to have turned things around nicely. The problem the TiCats have in considering Marcel's dismissal is who replaces him - we have two rookie coordinators.

They were out-coached again last night. It has become the norm. Too many times there were players not knowing if they should be on the field, the schemes were obviously ineffective, and the players didn't execute. It's not all the coaches' fault but at this point I don't see them helping either.

Hi Welder:

Last night, after the game, I was ready to throw out even the kitchen sink. This morning after some sleep and coffee, I believe, I'm a little bit saner.

I realize that the league has greater parity this season, and I didn't expect this team to go undefeated. I did and do expect this team to be willing and able to compete every time they play the game. They haven't done that for two games now. It's not that they lost that bothers me so much, but how they lost and how little it seems to matter. We've gotten the same ridiculous speeches from the players and the coach after each of these debacles. I think, though, that the players' attitude is a product of what the coaches are feeding them.

But, even after last night's second disgraceful showing, I'm still not ready to write off Obie as a GM. Yes, he did hire the head coach, but he also brought us over the years some great players:

Otis Floyd
Garret McIntrye (now in the NFL)
Jamal Johnson
Chris Williams
Dave Stala
Avon Colborne
Justin Medlock

to name a few.....

Even with their record, this is still a talented football team. Perhaps, though, the personnel is not being utilized properly to their strengths or weaknesses. We have seen flashes of brilliance from this coaching staff (see this year's Labour day game), but not enough and consistently enough to compete at a level higher than .500.

As much as I think Chamblin has potential as a DC, why could we not have at least one co-ordinator on staff who has some experience in the role. And since Rich Stubler was available at the same time as Chamlin, why did we not hire him. He did a fine job in Toronto as a DC and seems to be putting the Eskimos in the right direction.

If we get rid of the coach or coaching staff now, then we are writing off the season, but then I don't see this team contending for the Grey cup at the level they are competing at now, anyway. And it might give the new man a chance to see his future players up close and personal and a head start on planning for next season.

Not sure if a more assertive person is needed for this team. Trestman and Miller don't fit that mold and they're doing OK. We do need a coach who holds their players (and coaches accountable for results and mistakes). I don't think that's happening here. For example, how many times has Kanya taken silly penalties and still he's out there playing.

I wish I could think of some good possibliities. My brain just can't come up with any names.

At this rate, I'm relieved that this season will be over for this team come the end of next month. But sad!!!

The season is close to write off now ..
Let brake down the rest of the season.
1 have home road game next week Calgary is #1 Team in the league right (that should be another loss) 5-7
2 then we go to Toronto should win that one 6-7
3 Then Winnipeg at Home who not beat all year 5-8
4 then back to Montreal 5-9
5 Then last game at home vs BC 6-9
6 Then off to Green Rider Land 6-10
7 Then back to Toronto to Finish the year 7-10

We could miss the playoff with a cross if this come true
What if we have run a Gauntlet in Winnipeg and Montreal to make to grey cup
then beat a West Team Not Likley to happen

I like Marcel and Obie but I don't feel the right People to Finish the Turnaround.
Wally Said he done in BC
why don't try and convince him to come Hamilton as The GM.
Let him Bring in his own Head Coach ...

it can't be any worse

…do we not show up for the 18th game? :wink:

2 then we go to Toronto should win that one 6-7 3 Then Winnipeg at Home who not beat all year 5-8
no wonder we're always going a step backwards....you're taking wins back off the standings. :lol:

This is the key. Anybody else notice how our linebackers have become a non-factor this year. We have the best in the league and for the last couple of years has been the rock of our defense. This year even they have become porous. They are never in position to take out the swing passes and consistently give up big runs. Some games I’m not even sure if Knowlton is on the field. Baggs and most of D-line are also non-factors to go along with the wretched DBs. Clearly the defensive schemes are not allowing these players to do what they do best.

Mike O'Shea?

[takes cover]

He may do a great Job But Toronto may have the Same Idea

I think you’re right. He’ll be the next HC in the big smoke.

Why can’t we find a Trestman? I’m still bewildered Taffe (sp?) didn’t work out.

As Said Before IMO He was setup to Fail
The Team Brass wanted Taafe but Football Ops wanted Marcel

8) So in other words, you are saying that there was a conspiricey involved with Charlie eh, "Onknight" ??? :roll:

After Oshea dissed us in the past and jumped ship twice on Hamilton, you're considering him as a head coach? He's been a special teams coach for how long? There are already issues here with rookie coaching.

Putting Obie in the job, to me, makes more sense than that.

IMO we need somebody a bit, a lot younger than Obie. Isn’t he 70 something… Give the man a beer and a rocking chair, he deserves better than dealing with this mess… :lol: