new CFL hire - Jim Daley

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=192392&hubname=cfl

TORONTO (CP) - The CFL will announce a significant hiring Tuesday, but it won't be the unveiling of a new commissioner.

The CFL, without a commissioner since Tom Wright's contract expired last month, is continuing to look for his replacement. But according to two league sources, the league is expected Tuesday to announce the hiring of former CFL head coach Jim Daley as its senior advisor, officiating development and football operations.

The appointment of Daley would certainly give the league a coach's perspective on matters involving both officiating and football operations.

Daley's last CFL head coaching job was with Winnipeg.

I don't know how to view this hiring. I suppose another pair of eyes at HO is better then zero.

when r they gonna hire a new commish?

The last person rumoured to have the inside track was John Shannon of Hockey Night in Canada fame.

Lets hope Daley changes up the "blocking on return" rules ... which were changed due to lobbying by the Head Coaches

Booooo boring coaches

exactly what i was thinkin, 3rd!

Being a Canadian maybe he will have some imput in developing a mandatory 3rd or 4th string Canadian QB.

The dog looks good drummer ha ha ha

Jim Daley? Uh oh. Now the CFL is going to be in "a rebuilding year" every season.

At least he's not head coaching anymore! :wink:

He's "coaching" Officials now!

...didn't care for him as a head-coach....but i hope he's successful in his new job.....Some of the rules really need to be re-worked ...Good luck Jim.... :thup: