New blood by bye

I have heard there will be a new staff face, and no, it is is not going to be a new HC.

That's just mean. Dangle the carrot, and leave us hanging. Worse then a soap opera on a friday afternoon. Not that I watched any of those of course :wink:

I'm pretty sure you know what it is...you just don't realise it. I don't want to lay an official name and such out there until there is more than a verbal agreement

Benevides coming in as DC?

I'd welcome this. Worked wonders for Montreal last year when they brought in Garcia and Schonert.

Yeah mate leave us hanging. It would have to be Quick gone and somebody coming in?

Or it could be a QB coach?

Short week with a game tomorrow so we will be guessing until Tuesday next week!!!!

Chamblin has now said he has no intent of bringing someone in

Of course not, why would the self proclaimed God of D need to bring anyone in? The upper management may have a say in that though.

IF Cory is making a stand here then I say cut the legs from under him not now, not right now but RIGHT FK** NOW. This defense is a complete and utter joke. I have never seen so many broken tackles allowed by any team but this one can not do the fundamentals even right. They cant get heat on the qb and when they blitz they use the same predictable play. Brack abandoning his safety spot leaving the middle wide open. Our dbs can not cover and can not tackle

Our O line is now starting to show cracks and have to hold to give protection. We have completely abandoned the run game and only god knows what is up with that. Messam has hardly touched the ball on the run this game or against Hamilton.

It has gotten to the point it's embarrassing to watch this team play. The do make a positive play and they get flagged on it almost every time.

Cory has lost this team and can not motivate them to play even basic school yard football. Its time to blow it up and with the bye week coming up(Thank God) it might as well be now.

so why did you start this thread??

Because I was told a specific name of someone being brought in by someone in the know, and I also talked to the person who was to come on board. Supposedly that has changed or CC has flatly refused it...don't know details around that...but it was a verbal deal that was made

Chamblin has now said he has no intent of bringing someone in
[/quote]
so why did you start this thread??
[/quote]
Because I was told a specific name of someone being brought in by someone in the know, and I also talked to the person who was to come on board. Supposedly that has changed or CC has flatly refused it...don't know details around that...but it was a verbal deal that was made
[/quote]
Lol then take the choice out of Cory's hands. I guess if he can say who is coming in and who isn't then we know who is calling the shots with the team. I would think if Taman said we are bringing Joe blow in then that would be that, end of discussion. If Cory throws a hissy fit then tell him fine YOUR DONE, GONE, KAPUT, I think we now know what the root of the problem is here. The tail is wagging the dog, and that never works out.

It is his staff...he has the final say so long as he is in place as HC
While I don't like that CC has pushed BT on some of the player pickups more than he should be able to, the coaching staff is actually his.

When your team is obviously sucking as bad as this one is then I would think he would be looking for any life raft to grasp. I think Cory;s head has gotten way to swollen and needs to be deflated for the good of the team.

It may be Cory's staff but if that isn't working out for the good of the team it's Tahman's job to make the team better. Again if Cory refuses then send him packing.

HC always has final say on his staff. That's the way that it should be. Any team where that is not the case is poorly structured/managed.

GM has final say on player personnel. Of course HC has large input, but GM has final say. That's the way that it should be. any team where that is not the case is poorly structured/managed.

Funny...I rarely listen to the radio shows after...but they were are actually talking about the move and it was CC that squashed it.

Big surprise. Won't matter much longer the fans will start not showing up to games and the board will be forced to either see profits go in the crapper or to make a change. If that means both Tahman and Cory then so be it.

Like I said Cory is on a power trip and almost daring the board to do something. Hate to break it to him but no fans means no money, no money means trouble for the board. This is a game of who blinks first. 5 bucks says Cory will lose every time.

Who went first, Danny B or Shivers.
IMO this is a very similar scenario.
I do think it will be CC first this time.

No, when they're 0-7 next week they will both be gone. Rightly or wrongly, they will both be gone with ZERO plan in place for what to do next.

I speak in all seriousness now when I say this, I do not believe that the Riders will be 0-18 this year, but 0-18 is NOT out of the question at this point AT ALL.

Bring in Oday interim as GM and Lapo as HC. Give Benevides a chance as DC if he is the best we can get. If he can make the D competitive then fine keep him on. If not get someone in the off season. Chappy's game plans have not been good the last two weeks in my opinion. Completely abandoning the run is not a smart move any way you look at it and that is exactly what has happened. Chappy is not safe in my opinion either. Yes the offense was all right for the most parts but also had break downs at critical times. IF he can not clean it up then turf him too . Get the stink off this team that has taken root.