New Beast of the EAST

Blue Dragoon, Allen"s birthday party is over...in a few days he'll be attending the Bombers Shooter party..all the shots he want's..untill the Argo's doc says no more..

Blue Dragoon, the Als only brought more than 4 guys two or three times in this game. I believe that the ALs are trying to lull teams to sleep, so that they can bring out the blitz in key situations. The problem is, it's not something you can turn on and off. The Als defences of the past weren't so much about the schemes, they were about the attitude that they could get to the QB whenever they wanted. But that confidence came from the fact that they were always blitzing, and they were in attack mode. But when you keep 9 guys in coverage and stay back, when it comes time to pin your ears back and go, that confidence isn't there. The Als coaches came into this season with the attitude that the other teams must surely have figured out there blitz all the time defence, but at least try it out and be sure. They've hardly blitzed this year, and when they do, they look hesitant. And as for tonight, the fact that they played most of the second half with two backups in the DEF secondary probably dictated how much pressure they brought as well.

Lapointe is a good back, full back that is, not running back. Is he threat to break one 95 yards to daylight, not likely.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. :wink:

I think hankthetank assumed I was an Argo fan. I am infact a definite Bomber fan. Thus I agree with his statement.

Eric Lapointe has four or five career TDs over 60 yards. In fact, I believe he broke one for 72 yards in his first game as a pro. I'd be willing to bet that if you tested all the CFL RBs in footspeed, he'd be in the upper half of the backs.

Quit it, that was denson or pringle your thinking of.

What do you consider footspeed??? His time in the 40?

If so no way he's in top half of league.

Blue Dragoon, the tank new you were single blue...I was just telling you about the big Shooter party were going to have...seee ya there..

The Argos deserve to be first in the East. The only to games they have lost were to the mighty Leos. I think the overall league races will get even more interesting because no one seem to be running away yet with their division.

and he is 42 this Friday! :wink:

I will still bet my money on the Als winning the East Division…

Piggy, a runner’s job is to help sustain offensive drives. If a back breaks one for 95 yards, it’s bonus.

I’d rather have a runner that almost never breaks a long one but regularly get 5-6 yards, than have a guy like Avery who will eventually cross the whole field, but has an average of 1,3 yards per carry the rest of the time.

Lapointe never gets respect because he touches the ball only a few times a game so he’s never anywhere near the league’s leaders comes the end of the season. But a 6 yards per carry average over his career shows he shouldn’t be this underestimated.

All I have to say is the Argo's will be facing Charlie Roberts on Monday and he will be touching the ball often. Toronto has a good pass defence but they can't stop the run.
By the way, have the Argo's played anyone else from the west yet besides BC?
It is easy to beat on teams from the east......
Go Bombers........ Bombers by 10

yeah we also played ssk. and we heard all week long of how Nealon and Corey Holmes would run us over. and they did, but nothing could stop Allen and our air attack. even if it is bruceless.

yup, why aren`t these options in the poll?

Hey they just mad that he does not coach their team. He is
42-17 since comming to Montreal and after a couple of loses everyone says fire him so they can grab him.

For all you Mathiews haters out there who say he is arrogant and ignores the media. How many of you know that win or lose he goes up to the press box and talks to the CJAD radio anouncers before he goes to the locker room to talk to the players.

Oh ya thats real arrogant

The Argonauts played great. It was a matter of excecution for them. 2 of our featured Defensive Backs got injured, and we had to shuffle the whole defensive backfield around, with guys who never played at that position before.

Everyone is complaining about Watkins being the go to guy, I say, if hes getting the job done go to him. But I agree, 3 times to Vaughn is not all that much, go more to him and to Cahoon, 2 sure handed receivers.

Defensively, something has got to be done. I dont know whats wrong with them, its not like they have a bunch of no names there.

But honestly Als fans, its and 18 game schedule, 5 games are gone, and were only one win away from first. This is the way I look at it.

The season just begun, and personally, I'd much rather see the Als start off slow instead of jumping out of the gate with an 8-1 record or something then finish off the season week. I'd like to see Montreal go into the playoff games as underdogs. Let the people from Edmonton say we suck, let the people from Saskatchewan say we suck, and by God, let the Argos think their the best. I still believe Matthews will get this team back on track.

But, I give FULL credit to the Argos, they played an outstanding game, and no insults meant towards their fans. Im just one of those die hard fans who still believe in the Als.

I have been saying that for years
Look at the Als last year 14-4 and lost in the eastern final.
I believe it was 2001 when the 9-9 B.C. lions won the cup
Enjoy your victory Argo fans. There is lots to play yet and the most important part of the season is yet to come

Agreed 100%.