New API Key Not Working

Simple request. Applied for and received a new api key. This is the second time in 6 months I've attempted to sign up. I've sent support request emails, no reply. Is the API Dead?
Thanks.

What is an API key?

1 Like

https://api.cfl.ca/key-request

"An API key or application programming interface key is a code that gets passed in by computer applications. The program or application then calls the API or application programming interface to identify its user, developer or calling program to a website."

Having read the above definition I can imagine that what Toy_man_98 wants involves a wee bit of computer savy so... it's probably not going to happen very quickly. Our CFL techies (I think they have day jobs elsewhere) may be busy with other projects that desperately need their attention... such as snow shovelling.

1 Like

Thank you for the info Maaax.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

This is 25 days old. Can someone PLEASE help with this? I'm writing software for our new sports updates for TV Station websites, LBar lower thirds graphics and would really love to include my favorite league/sport for Canadian viewers/listeners.

1 Like

@MattL91 Any knowledge about this, Matt?

You could also try to contact the league here:

:rofl:

1 Like

Did you ever get your API key? I have tried three times, plus email to tech support. No response. The API keys I received during the application still do not work. Very disappointing that the league goes to the trouble of building the API then does not support it.

2 Likes

I finally got mine 10 months later. Missed all of the 2022 season. Keep trying!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Appreciate that!

Well there you go rskura.

Thanks to the miracle of lightning fast fibre optics and 5G communications you'll get an answer to your request for an API key in only 10 months.

We've come a long way since 'snail mail'. :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Well it seems really sad that a substantial amount of work was put into creating the API, and all that is required for me to use it is someone to look at my request and "approve" the key that has already been generated for me. I have already agreed to terms of use and have read a lot of the documentation. I guess I should be happy that I'm 99.999% of the way there. Just waiting on someone (anyone) to give me that last 0.001%. :grinning:

1 Like

It certainly appears that Matt our new tech guy isn't interested in helping with our tech problems!
@Sully where are you

1 Like

I would not be surprised to learn that 0.001% of the population in this country of ours does 100% of the work.

Just an update here, that I finally received my API Key from the CFL!

1 Like