NEVER underestimate your opponnent....

I see two upsides here.

1. If we play 60 minutes, we'll be hard to beat. Not unbeatable, but we shouldn't have any more embarrassments like last year. I was worried when we signed Buck, but I'll enjoy the ride as long as it/he lasts. He sure brings some excitement where it has been lacking.

2. Even though the Argos are my least favourite team, they need to be credible for the league's sake and not mailing it in like last year. They need to be good enough that beating them proves something. Jury's still out on them at this point despite the TSN cheerleaders; the Andrusnaughts did win three games after all.

Agreed, one quarterback turned it over twice while the other didn’t turn it over once. I was very impressed with Lemon last night, and i LOVE the way Boyd plays.

Chief, I merged your topic, didn't see any point in it standing alone when the same thing is basically being said in here.

No?

who said we were gonna win the cup? Most people were rating our team 3-5 in the league, i would still keep that rating, maybe 4th behind b.c, i think our team has a chance to beat any team any given day if we come out and play a good game, but I would be a liar if i didn't think we could win the cup, because every season you go out there for one reason and that is to win the cup, so obviously i am expecting to win it every year, these guys are being paid to play a game, so i am obviously expecting them to perform at a high level every season. Maybe its just being raised here in Winnipeg, some of my earliest football memories are booing kahari Jones off the feild (i'm not that old ok!), Winnipeggers have no tolerance for losing teams, and will let our teams know that.

In Ed Tait's article, he says something like how he cringes more when Serna lines up for a feild goal, than when Buck takes a hit.... i for one totally agree, he has absolutely NO confidence. 3 missed Feild goals in 2 games, and 2 of them went for touchdowns. Next game, we better only kick 30 yarders, and punt anything longer... The touchdowns obviously weren't his fault but i think that we need to start putting some starters on special teams and SIGN DERRICK DOGGETT.

overall, not a bad game, just too many turnovers and mistakes, and the Argos just didn't make any, they deserve the win. :thup:

well, hamilton just lost so. who cares.

What does that matter ? Hamilton losing isn’t going to fix our special teams issue ! Wpg lost a very winnable home game ! That could cost us later in the season ! Especially with Hamilton and Calgary coming up on the road !

ya well, if the bombers can put a 60 minute game together, hamilton/calgary etc shouldnt be an issue.

what are u gonna do about special teams? whine about it more.. that helps dont ya know.

…ONE MAN does not a special team make…HOWEVER the special teams demon Doggett is on his way back to the Peg according to sources…We just might have someone who can trackdown Mr. Thigpen next week…hopefully :wink:

As a matter of fact, I do. And what sucks is even though you guys lost yesterday, you’ll probably still be a game ahead of my team. :frowning:

That’s cool. I didn’t even notice this topic, otherwise I would’ve posted in here. :oops:

I’m kind of bummed I missed this game. I saw some of the highlights, including the return for a TD, and it looked like an exciting game. Way more points than I thought there’d be. The Bombers offence is looking pretty good. :thup: