Need some advice re: Purchasing Grey Cup Tickets

Hey Friends,

I need advice on trying to purchase Grey Cup tickets. It has been a bucket list thing for me my whole life and I have talked to my son about maybe going someday. We've finally decided to see if we can afford to buy them for this year because it is so close to home. The date is actually my wife's birthday and because I married well she has decided she wants to spend it at the Grey Cup.

I want to go to one at THF but we all know that that could be several years away regrettably.

Our 25th wedding anniversary was in February but unfortunately my wife was recovering from an accident so we couldn't do anything big to celebrate it.

I am thinking seats should be behind the bench for the home team ( I am assuming that would be the Eastern Team and therefore the TIGER-CATS) but we cannot afford to pay $400.00 - $500.00 a piece for three people. Does that mean we'll need to be up a level or two?

We did look at Stubhub but we only found American prices. Has anyone gone through Ticketmaster or somewhere else and what kind of prices did you find?

Any advice is appreciated,

Rev.

You don't say what you can afford to spend so I set the filter on Ticketmaster at a max of $200 and the only choices were second level in the end zone. $300 per ticket opens up a few more options. You can get first level in the end zone or second level up to about the 10 yard line. There are still lots of tickets available on Ticketmaster in Canadian dollars.

StubHub is a secondary market and almost always, the prices will be higher than Ticketmaster.
The eastern team (Hamilton) will be at the north end of the stadium for this Grey Cup.
If you go, try to get down for the couple days before the actual game. The Grey Cup organizing committee is releasing event information after Labour Day.
Get the best seats you can afford and cheer out Cats on to victory.

My advice. Wait for as long as possible before purchasing any tickets. Game day, outside of the stadium would be the best time to get a deal. Don't worry, there will be tickets available at more reasonable prices. You could also check Kijiji during Grey Cup week because a lot of fans (Argos) will be dumping tickets depending on who is playing. If you want to pay top dollar then stick with Ticketmaster or StubHub.

Awesome advice guys, thanks we are looking to try if at all possible to get three tickets for under $1000.00 Canadian and had no idea if this was close to realistic.

Gotta agree with mightypope. Wait as long as you can. My guess is that as soon as the Argos get knocked out, there will be plenty of tix on kijiji.

An Argo-Cat fan

If you’re going to shop last minute, just be aware that if it’s similar to recent years, the Grey Cup tickets will be discrete physical tickets that have to be transferred to you by mail/courier or in person (unlike many other events where a barcode can be transferred to you electronically), so take that into account in your planning.

BMO has very good sightlines in my experience. I'd look at paying to get onto the side stands instead of the end zone, and then decide from there w if you want to spend more. Don't be afraid of those upper corners, especially on the west side.

Could be a great thing to get off your bucket list as I'm calling Calgary and Hamilton unless Callaros gets injured. Ottawa will be my 30th Grey Cup. Prices aren't cheap this year and it's worse every year. This would be a good year for you to go. Check out the Toronto Argonaut site as a thing for Grey Cup pops up.
Missed a few games and I won't go this year but the four days of partying can't be beat. Grey Cup to me is about the party and seeing people you know from all over Canada. The game is a bonus.

Could be a great thing to get off your bucket list as I'm calling Calgary and Hamilton unless Callaros gets injured. Ottawa will be my 30th Grey Cup. Prices aren't cheap this year and it's worse every year. This would be a good year for you to go. Check out the Toronto Argonaut site as a thing for Grey Cup pops up.
Missed a few games and I won't go this year but the four days of partying can't be beat. Grey Cup to me is about the party and seeing people you know from all over Canada. The game is a bonus.

Wow. I paid 250 for level 500 at the skydome along the 30 yardline… 200 for second level endzones?! Thats robbery.