Nealon to be gone before TC???

Apparently Nealon Greene has got some suitors. For some reason some other teams think he has some talent and they are willing to trade for him. They think he is a viable back up. A trade for him almost wen through during the draft but didn’t becuase of time restrictions (they were trying to move up in the draft, but couldn’t get it finalized in time)

Lets hope this happens soon. Because while I think Nealon is a good team player, and has never tried to hurt us on purpose, I think him being on the team just tempts Danny to put him in. And I do not want that to happen ever again.

Also I heard that still a slim chance that Derek Armstrong may be back sometime this season, which in my opinion would give us the top 3 combo in the league (My opinion, so relax) But I am not holding my breath for that.

I wouldn’t be suprised if Season Ticket sales just got a big boost, cause I don’t know about al of you, but I am one exited football fan

I am also very excited about this season, possibly the most excited I've been for a season of Rider football in a long time. This offseason for the most part was very slow and un-eventful but this last week has been anything but un-eventful. The Riders have added 2 marquee players and I think those could possibly be the missing pieces we've been longing to find these past couple of years.

As for Nealon I've always been a fan, he's a pretty good QB you can't deny that, I think he just might need a change of scenery and he'd make a more than able back-up on any CFL squad, he'd maybe even give some starters a run for there money. I would suspect Nealon to go to Toronto possiblity. I remember some grumblings earlier in the offseason about a trade involving him going to TO.

As for Armstrong heading back up North, it's still a possiblity, a slim one, but a possibility. My only concern with that is even if he did decide to come back and we did want him (which I'm sure we would) I don't know if we'd be able to foot the bill. Derrick would want some prime dime and I don't know if the Riders will be able to squeeze him in under the cap. Joseph is getting a big contract I'm sure and I wouldn't be surprised if Armstead is making a large amount either.

HOLY S#*t guys :shock: dont u guys sleep :lol: posting late in the morning :mrgreen: must be a lil excited from draft :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

The Riders would do well to get rid of Greene, his time here is done. If somebody wants and makes a fair offer for him, we should take it. I wonder if BC would part with Jason Clermont if we added a 1st rd draft pick to sweeten the deal.

Youre joking right? Claremont is an elite canadian SB with a lot of size and strength. there is no way he would be traded for a backup QB and a pick

No way...Keep dreamin. We have Buck Pierce to backup Dickenson, and Jarius Jackson at #3

Nealon would prrobably end up in Winnipeg, or maybe even back to the "Evil Empire" as a backup to Ray.

well sportsmen , stranger things have happened in this league, all you need to do is look at what happened yesterday. We gave up a great player for a shot at contending for a playoff in October rather than being out of it come labour day

Oh I know, but if we gave up Clermont for Greane, there would be a heckuva lot of screamin.

If Saskatchewan could manage the Cap, Greane might be great trade bait if a starting QB goes down in pre-season.

I really think if Nealon is going anywhere , its going to be Calgary. Danny Mac is like a million years old and the last two season couldn't do jack.

Aleast with Nealon as long as there is no turnovers and the defensive plays well, you have a fighting chance to win .............or aleast bore the other team into submission.

I think Nealon did play .500 football most of his career.

Clermont for Greene and a pick is about as likely to happen as Keith going to Hamilton instead of Holmes for that 1st pick.

Ya I laughed when i read that. Lets see, a dominant inside reciever who is only 27 for a mediocre at best QB, hmmmm.

well billy if the riders trade Greene where do YOU think he will end up???

As Crazy as this sounds (Salary Cap view too) You keep all three untill the last pre-season game is done. If Ray goes down in Edmonton, or Mass goes down in Hamilton or anyone else has a QB go down, You can dangle Greane or Crandell (Personally, I'd keep Crandell as the back up). You would get a lot more then than if you tried to swap him now...IMO

I think Nealon has a contract worth 180,000 a season. If he was getting paid 80,000-100,000 he would have some trade value but not at 180,000.

He will most likely end up being released and picked up as a free agent by Calgary or Hamilton. The other teams calling were probably calling to see when we were releasing him than actually wanting to make a trade.

Heck, I don't if know if we can afford Crandell now at 130,000 at season. It just might end up being Joseph and two Rocky Butlers.

God, I hope we don't end up with Ted White or Khari Jones.

I think Nealon has a contract worth 180,000 a season. If he was getting paid 80,000-100,000 he would have some trade value but not at 180,000.

He will most likely end up being released and picked up as a free agent by Calgary or Hamilton. The other teams calling were probably calling to see when we were releasing him than actually wanting to make a trade.

Heck, I don't if know if we can afford Crandell now at 130,000 at season. It just might end up being Joseph and two Rocky Butlers.

God, I hope we don't end up with Ted White or Khari Jones.

cgy does not want greene. danny mac is a great backup there as he can teach their relatively young qbs what it takes to succeed. danny sucked last year because he played for the ticats and had no recevers. good luck with that maas although they are improved this year over last. danny also played injured all year with that brace on his throwing hand. edm or bc might be interested as a backup. winnipeg has 5 qbs at the moment two of which are better than greene already.

Hahah, It's true, I'm still pretty jacked about the draft. I guess it also helps that Easter Break started for me so no school for the rest of this week and next week so I can stay up as late as I want :smiley:

Ah my good friend Jeremy! What difference a year makes. Last year you were proclaiming Nealon the god of QB’s. Oh well again we all make mistakes.

I dont know why Calgary would want Nealon Greene, but we could offer him to Hamilton with Kenton Keith for Gordon and Holmes :lol:

Not going to happen. Smart teams do not trade quality starting receivers for backup QB's, let alone starting Canadians for imports.

Christopher