Nealon Greene is not the best Backup QB!!

I saw a poll on the TSN Coverage of CFL tonight.

they had a poll "who's the best backup QB?"

I cannot believe how dumb you fans are who voted for Nealon Greene!

you honestly can tell me that Greene is better then Crandell or McManus??

PLEASE!! give your heads a shake!

Buck Pierce all the way.

or eakin.

there may be better backups than Green, but neither crandell nor McManus is one of them

I have to agree. Nealon Greene never really cut it as a starter, or a back up. He's pretty good at running the ball, Maybe he is a better back up running back.

Man, if Nealon didnt break his leg on that roll out carpet they call a field in Toronto in the first game of 2004, i honestly belive, and i still do, that the riders would have gone all the way. That was his prime year i would swear it on anything. Everything was clicking that year, everyone was picking them to win it. Then the moment he broke his leg everything fell apart. When the leg healed, He couldnt run as well, and all the rider fans started to boo him. I have always loved Nealon Greene. I still like him, but if he didnt break his leg i think he would be one Hell of a CFL QB. He would be more experienced and he prolli could still be able to run amazingly. However, because of that broken leg in '04, I think he isnt the same player, and i think it set the riders back abit. Im prolli gonnna get a lot of flack for this post, but w.e...

Uhm....."Everything was clicking that year. . .Then the moment he broke his leg everything fell apart."???

He broke his leg in the first game, jman.....crappy now, crappy then.....

Right now if I had a number one QB go down for a length of time I think Nealon Greene would prove the best replacement over a peroid of time.
Buck Pierce is showing great promise but as teams get more game film on him they'll make it more difficult for him until he gets more experience...but he looks like a potential starter.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions keep him and expose or trade Dickinson if there is an expansion draft this winter for Ottawa.

Don't forget Pierce has the best offence in the league to work with.. I'm pretty sure I could throw a TD to Geroy Simon. That said, I don't think any team has a backup they can depend on.. It's not like last year, where you had a Jason Maas or Casey Printers playing backup when they could start elsewhere. All the backups this year are either career backups or guys on the decline.. none could be starters. If I got to pick any one of them currently to be our backup, I'd either stick with McManus, or go to Pierce.

I know it was the 1st game, check what i said. But in training camp it was there. it was clicking

It was clicking THIS year in TC, too - and in pre-season.....ran all over the Esks, no TDs in two pre-season games.....but then what happened.....??

Nealon is the BEST bench warmer :wink: and thats it!! :cowboy:

Greene is not even the best back-up QB in Montreal. Brady is.

Greene’s a Joke… the Riders took too long to realize that… but if you think about it? if the Renegades hadn’t folded? We’d still have him! :cry:

“Man, if Nealon didnt break his leg on that roll out carpet they call a field in Toronto in the first game of 2004, i honestly belive, and i still do, that the riders would have gone all the way. That was his prime year i would swear it on anything. Everything was clicking that year, everyone was picking them to win it. Then the moment he broke his leg everything fell apart. When the leg healed, He couldnt run as well, and all the rider fans started to boo him. I have always loved Nealon Greene. I still like him, but if he didnt break his leg i think he would be one Hell of a CFL QB. He would be more experienced and he prolli could still be able to run amazingly. However, because of that broken leg in '04, I think he isnt the same player, and i think it set the riders back abit. Im prolli gonnna get a lot of flack for this post, but w.e…”

Im marking this down as a candidate for post of
the year. Congrats, and thank you!

:rockin:

I would take Buck Pierce over any other backup QB and a couple of the starters...

IIs that good or bad?

Dude nominations for posts of the year are
few and far between, after reading your post
a smile immediately came to my face.

Very good post and a real contender, just like
the roughies of 2004.

Don Mathews doesn't make too many mistakes, or maybe he's just better at getting the best out of a player...Ted White excepted.

I second that vote :rockin: