NCAA/ US college football thread

Go Michigan Go

1 Like

Despite being a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan and a big Bombers fan, I am still a college fan first and foremost. My beloved alma mater, the University of Southern California is having a nice bounce back year. College football just has a special place in most of our hearts here in the US.
Go Bombers and FIGHT ON!
David

1 Like

You have the students, the alumni (sometimes with multiple generations being represented in families), the marching bands and cheerleaders, mascots, etc..
Go Bombers and FIGHT ON!
David

2 Likes

watching Kurtis Rourke and Ohio U vs Miami U on TSN/ ESPN. he set up the first score with a 49 yard bomb to the one yard line.
bobcats lead 10 - 7 at the half

ESPN did a thing on the Rourke brothers and the CFL.

Kurtis is for real. watching him make some incredible passes. he should be in a div 1 / power 5 school next year.

1 Like

I wonder if Kurtis will get that NFL shot right out of College. Just tuned in to watch him tread the needle twice to covered receivers!
Shouldn’t deter a CFL team from drafting him but he should get some serious looks States side.

yea his throwing accuracy is exceptional. he still has 2 more years college eligibility and he’s way ahead of Nathan when he was at the same age. he’s also bigger than Nathan. hard to believe but Kurtis’ throwing is better than Nate’s was at Ohio.

1 Like
1 Like

whut

In amateur football, (Canadian and American) once you're down you're considered to be down. Not need for the downed player to be touched.

The only exception is when fielding a kickoff.

1 Like

What exception in amateur American football? If you are down upon or after fielding a punt or kick, you are down.

Also in recent years the rule changed such that if the ball crosses the plane of the goal line AND is not fielded in the end zone at all levels of American football, it is now an automatic touchback instead of a live ball.

It's about an interception at a college game as he caught the ball and was down by rule.

I was clearifying for someone (forgot who).

1 Like

I'm currently watching USC vs UCLA and amazingly one of UCLA's top receivers is none other than a dude named Bobo . :grinning:

2 Likes

Did you make an Odell catch?

That was me I think but a while ago. I have a hard enough time remembering yesterday’s threads.

I think I did....well maybe , kinda sorta anyways . :grinning: