NCAA Sweet 16

Just thought I'd open up a thread for Final Four.

Personally I never bet or pick favourites for March Madness. This is the one thing I just watch and enjoy. Literally no dog in this fight but so far I've been totally entertained.

1 Like

I’m in a pool with my students and another in my department.
For my classroom pool I picked Houston and for the department I picked Texas.
My department chair said he’d sub one class for the winner but the loser has to adopt a cat.

2 Likes

Iowa upsets the defending champs & undefeated South Carolina. Caitlin Clark gets 41 with at least 7 turnovers. Iowa got out-rebounded on the offensive boards something like 25-4. Game will be the highest rated sports program for Friday in America. Ideally, this should have been the championship game on ABC instead of the semi-final on ESPN.

1 Like

this is awesome :smile_cat:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Gotta give Kim Mulkey the credit for turning the LSU program around in only 2 years. She wins it all with a team that had almost all new players (transfers & freshmen) except at point guard. And that point guard was somebody she threw off the team when both were at Baylor.

Hopefully, Paige Bueckers can return fully healthy next season. I think if she does and UConn can return to power, them vs Caitlin Clark would equate to ratings for NCAA Women's Basketball.

the game between Owls and Aztecs was incredible