NBCSN and ESPN2 announcemnt

On the main page... click on Schedule and then look for US Broadcast click on that and it will give you a full schedule for both NBC Sports, ESPN2 and ESPN3...

ESPN2 has been promoting upcoming games on the network during other programming.
Yesterday they took it a step furhter during the game that was being broadcast. There was a commercial highlighting the Jon Cornish and the CFL. Whether they will be airing this during other programming i don't know yet.

ESPN2 has been doing a great job at half-time with showing highlights of other CFL games and a feature of a player or coach.

I'm going to miss their coverage after their last game of the 2013 season this Thursday.

do you have links to any You Tube coverage? I’d love to see it!

It was nice to see ESPN2 do more than just pick up the game feed. They had their own halftime show and ran commercials leading up to the game. Not sure their ratings will dictate more games, but I hope so. Great exposure here in the US, and I love watching high def games on my TV rather than on my computer screen. Here's hoping they move some of the ESPN3 games to ESPN2...

The Promo with Chad Owens for the CFL was excellent. If you are a sports fan in Hawaii or a fan, Alumni, or follower of U of H football it would certainly give you good reason to watch the CFL and be an Argos Fan. The Catch Phrase You got to see these guys play
ESPN appears to want back in now that the CFL is stable and the new stadiums are coming should make for better TV programming then say World Cup Volleyball.
That is why it is important for the stadiums to look good on TV as one thread here talks about.
The TSN game production is in line with the College and pro football productions on ESPN and other networks in the US, very modern and professional making it a natural fit for ESPN.
NBC SN takes over for the month of August and into the first couple of weeks in September but almost the rest of the scheduled games off the top of my head are mostly on tape delay with its policy of not showing games on NCAA saturdays or NFL Sundays as well as having Friday nights reserved mainly for the MLS.
I am not sure what ESPN2 airs on Sundays in September but ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown is shown on both ESPN and TSN every sunday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 kickoff times and has been on the air and very popular since 1985.
Since they do not have any NFL game rights to Sunday games They could end the show with a lead into the CFL games that will be aired on TSN and could be aired on ESPN2 later in that afternoon in weeks 10 through 14 in which the CFL has at least one game scheduled on those Sundays through to the end of September.
What would they have to lose with most watching the NFL on other networks in the US.
ESPN sunday gameday is a hugely watched show each sunday

Last week's ratings on ESPN2 increased 33% over the previous week to 261,000, which has been about the average for the U.S. games, so far. I think ESPN should be pretty pleased with those numbers, which reflect the average audience over 3 hours of live programming. Hopefully they'll televise more games next year and perhaps bid for the Grey Cup on ESPN rather than NBCSN. :thup:

Either way its good times ahead for the CFL . Fox Sports coming online. Everyone will be looking for quality content and its football…

NBC SN starts up again Tuesday night for coverage.

I don’t care which of these two networks does more games next season, and I don’t get some of the stuff on these channels in the slow summer when a CFL game is on!

At least neither is showing poker during CFL games, but seriously cycling and softball? :roll: LAME!

I agree with HfX now that Fox is expanding its online content, the competition for the coverage is a great thing.

Seriously if you were a producer for a sports network, wouldn’t you be thrilled to have your competition pick up something lame when you could get your hands on CFL football all summer long?

Also the argument that CFL football would hurt college football ratings or NFL ratings if aired at the same time is utter hooey unless at night during prime time on Saturday nights for college football and on Sunday nights for NFL football. Hey if folks really want to watch, like me they watch online anyway! I hate having to choose games, but sometimes the evening Sunday NFL match-ups are not any good including especially the game aired locally on TV.

College football fans watching on daytime TV are diehards whom you cannot stop from watching those games during such times. That’s not your CFL audience.

Many non-core college fans watch at nights in the fall such that ratings for those games all on at the same time on three channels (ABC,CBS,Fox) are at record highs along with any games also on ESPN and ESPN2.

Sunday night in the fall brings the highest ratings for the NFL and for TV in general.

In September and in October, mostly the hardcore fans going to the daytime games or watching during the daytime during nice fall weather are watching, as the weather is nicest in more of the country in the fall than in any other time of the year. There would be minimal effect on existing NFL audiences of airing CFL regular season games during those two months.

And hey some of us simulcast or flip channels or watch on multiple TVs right?

And this crap about not airing games during the NFL preseason in August is the highest of crap! Even most hard core NFL fans could care less about awful NFL preseason football. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

I agree 100% that more CFL games should be shown in the summer as there are some really lame things on these networks at times.
As for the college football thing for ESPN at least there is very little time if any to show any CFL games on Thursday, friday or Saturday as all of there three main networks ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU have NCAA games on thursday and friday nights and saturday forget it all three networks role out NCAA games from noon till midnight. ESPN also still has a full schedule of MLB going on. I am not sure what NBC SN schedule is for NCAA football for saturday but they are commited to MLS on fridays so i imagine that there saturdays are also filled with NCAA football.

NBC SN has on tonight the biggest game of the season so far.

The next game on NBC SN is not until 22 August though, and that's the last game on US TV in August.

It could be that the CFL is getting crowded out not by crappy NFL preseason football but rather by the debut of the English Premiere League on NBC SN.

NBC SN did a preview piece on the EPL last night too.

There is all the more opportunity perhaps next year for ESPN2 or Fox Sports 1 to take on the English Premiere League or the NFL preseason crap in August with the CFL.

NBC is unlikely to show CFL action in the fall ever on Saturdays only because they are committed to six or seven Notre Dame home games in the fall. That goes for NBC SN which they use for previews or backup for those Notre Dame home games.

All the same I would think that NBC could show CFL action on the other Saturdays in the fall, as their college football line-up otherwise is very lame anyway.

How I wish I did. In the last game with Montreal on ESPN2, they had Dan Hawkins in a showcase as a maverick all-around beyond the field.

Only two weeks later, he was let go.

In retrospect, they made Hawkins look like a serious tool.

NBC SN has already made it clear that they will not show any live games on NCAA SAT or NFL Sunday.
In fact after Labor Day games there may only be two more days of live regular season games but will have several tape delay midnight specials.
ESPN3 still shows every game live online

The problem with the tape delay on NBC SN is that by the time they show the game I could go on to TSN on line and watch the VOD so whats the point when any one in the US can go on line and get TSN?

The problem with ESPN3 is that it is available in a limited market, if your subscriber is Century Link which is the biggest telecom provider in Florida they do not carry it. Try tuning into ESPN3 and check out the list of internet providers that carry ESPN3 its small.
Last season I watched most games on the “unofficial” sites or TSN VOD. This summer I’m in Europe and haven’t been able to see one game because my laptop crashed and an Andriod tablet can’t show the “unofficial” sites or TSN VOD because it doesn’t have a flash player. I downloaded TSN Mobile but its useless.

Another one that got burned by Asus buying a Transformer tablet ? They’ll never again get my money.

[b]mikem wrote: The problem with the tape delay on NBC SN is that by the time they show the game I could go on to TSN on line and watch the VOD so whats the point when any one in the US can go on line and get TSN?[/b]
How much of a tape delay is the TSN VOD?
[b]Last season I watched most games on the "unofficial" sites or TSN VOD. This summer I'm in Europe and haven't been able to see one game because my laptop crashed and an Andriod tablet can't show the "unofficial" sites or TSN VOD because it doesn't have a flash player. I downloaded TSN Mobile but its useless.[/b]
Why is TSN Mobile useless? Due to your current proximity? Haven't tried it personally, although may in the near future as cutting cable is a constant theme in our household.

As long as I can get CFL games, the rest is moot. :smiley:

The tape delay was only hours on the TSN VOD.
If you go to the android app site and the TSN mobile download site you will see lots of comments from users saying that TSN mobile is useless. Some can get it to work, but I unistalled and tried over and over again. I sent feedback/comments to TSN but no response.
I downloaded ESPN and The Score and no problems at all, but they don’t hace CFL VOD.
I tried to watch TSN VOD on the internet on the tablet and I do get the 1st quarter of every game but then it repeats the 1st quarter and I can’t get beyond it.

I never had a problem with a laptop but laptops use flash player and tablets don’t. When I get home at the end of August I’m going back to a laptop.

I am curious to hear if anyone else has TSN mobile problems on their tablet. Looks like most android tablet users can't get it to work. TSN is not interested in fixing the problems so if you are hoping to watch CFL highlights or VOD forget it.

[url=http://www.badappreviews.com/apps/13500/tsn-mobile-android-edition]http://www.badappreviews.com/apps/13500 ... id-edition[/url]

The Blackberry Playbook is able to run Flash. TSN highlights work on the Playbook I have, don't have Bell mobile though so I can't say how live CFL games work on it.

http://www.flashplaybook.com