NBA Players Boycott Playoff Games in Protest

it doesnt really matter if any offering an opinion has any police service history, or present. There are many officers who do not see eye to eye on this.

Silence in the face of wanton violence is not golden.

To use another historic example, ā€œHitler gave the orderā€ does not excuse one irrespective of their rationale lest it be in justifiable self defence, and none of those cops can make or are making that argument.

You are complicit in a crime when you have the means and ability to address it yet choose to ā€œlook the other way.ā€

Now they answer to a jury.

Yes I agree he should not have been kneeling as he is already cuffed .

I donā€™t even agree with kneeling on them when cuffed .

Not sure why he was pulled out of the car at all .

Please note closely the word ā€œalmostā€ as used for context in my post.

The door could have been closed and off to the station.

1 Like

if I remember correct, at least 2 of them were so raw that they probably were not sure what they were witnessing. I strongly doubt any of the 3 thought the victim was going to die. I am sure that if they were concerned at all, then they were most likely trying to figure out what if anything they should do about it. A rookie doesnt just tackle a trained officer in such a situation. If they had hauled him off Floyd, then they would have to answer to superiors and fellow cops and they would have no proof that Floyd was actually in any danger. It was a no win situation for them

Pointless debate with the likes of him there - many new friends are at hand for him to perform his somersaults and analysis on FB or Twitter with all that whitesplaining for what overwhelmingly most see and know and have known as murder by police.

Have you watched the same video I have? Thereā€™s people yelling at them ā€œHeā€™s not breathing.ā€ ā€œHeā€™s not moving.ā€ It was pretty clear there was a problem.

2 Likes

No, it is covered well in all police training, which is standardized in many respects along state and federal guidelines.

They may get a more lenient sentence on that basis though.

well, in all honesty, in such situation, there are always people yelling things like that at cops. again, the new guys are supposed to be learning to do what they think their job is in spite of such commotion.

when watching the video, I couldnt tell he was going to die until he did.

Ask them then - what they tell you wonā€™t necessarily be what they think until they can trust YOU.

As for training, if you have zero and somebody else has some, well now they have you considered they might know something you donā€™t? And in that case I do when some bloke claims a choke or kneeling on a head is part of an arrest procedure.

Do you go to a doctor without training? Of course not.

But they were there and have substantial training you donā€™t and are not you.

Itā€™s not YOU there FYB. Itā€™s officers of the law.

I was once justifiably put in a some kind of choke hold. by an officer. I kept trying to tell him that I give up, but he wasnt stopping. So I just made myself go totally limp and he released me instantly.

Iā€™m not a police officer but I took police foundations and part of the course was use of force. We were taught how dangerous that hold is. Along with putting someone on their stomach in the back of a cruiser while handcuffed. There is 0 excuse for the other officers actions. If they complied with Chauvin because of the ā€œcode of blueā€ theyā€™re still guilty.

1 Like

Canadian law may have been different way back then as in the US. Itā€™s not been legal in the US for some time now with an unarmed party FYB. And this was not a case for very rare exceptions.

How many more somersaults you going to do for us tonight?

And why? An unarmed man has been killed by police. Again.

well, I am not so dug in that I want to continue trying to play devils advocate for the other 3. In any case, a major wrong was done, as with the most recent case, and I fully back the player anger and frustration.

1 Like

According to FYB though, such training does not matter!

We have taken similar training then sir. /Fist Bump

1 Like

no, wrong. I am saying that even some trained officers agree with what some untrained people are saying while other trained officers agree with what some with oposite views are saying.

Positional Asphyxia is not a new discovery. There must be some real bad training out there.

1 Like