NBA Players Boycott Playoff Games in Protest

Interesting. With the death of RBG the stakes in the election are huge. My guess is Trump challenges the use of ballot harvesting and mass mailouts and wins at the SC level. That should cause more civil unrest.

Great piece during the TNT coverage of the NBA playoff game the other night.

The guy pretty much nails it IMO.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1307796524689100800

1 Like

Excellent too - more than only two Americas akin to Apartheid too though far more subtle since Jim Crow when it was more open and lingers on de facto still in much of the US depending on how you look and where you travel.

United States my butt and it’s never been more evident.

More "protests" after a grand jury decided not to indict in the Breonna Taylor case. Its pretty sick that people want to lock up others with insufficient evidence of a crime.

I’ll reserve judgement until after the Grand Jury documents are revealed. According to some the one witness who said he heard the police knock and identify themselves previously had stated twice that he did not hear that. And 12 other neighbours said the first thing they heard was the door being rammed followed by the gun shots. Also bullets went into two or three neighbours places - two black and one white residents and the only charge related to the white neighbours.

If that information is correct the Attorney General has some explaining to do.

1 Like

Civil unrest might be the biggest understatement in the world if that happens. A second Civil War might be closer to what the result would be should him and Barr try that.

Trump is trying everything he can to disenfranchise millions of Americans because he knows he loses if the turnout is big which it will be with mail in ballots included.

1 Like

Well a cop was first shot in the leg. So they will return fire if fired at.

The cops executed a warrant given by a judge. If you dont like no knock warrants that’s fine but it’s not the cops fault here, blame the judge.

A neighbor heard the cops first identify themselves and im sure there’s body cam footage which would corroborate that. Its not some giant conspiracy against black people. Its most likely disinformation being pushed by the MSM and BLM

1 Like

There is also evidence now that Steele used a source who was believed to be connected to the Kremlin. Its not like the Democrats handed over power peacefully in 2016.

And so it begins. Mail in ballots all for Trump were found discarded in Pennsylvania.

Twenty percent of mail in ballots in the New York primary were discarded

Yeah, Obama barricading himself in the Oval Office and Hillary leading a militia attack on the swearing-in ceremony was outrageous

1 Like

what was outrageous is falsely accusing an incoming administration of “treason” and cooking up false gang rape allegations against a Supreme Court Justice.

pretty sure trump and co will find away to cheat themselves back into the whitehouse for a long long time.

unfortunately, situations like this where the cops are not guilty of wrong doing in this tragic result, get lost in amongst the anger re all the situations that actually are deserving of anger and protests.

I hope so. Obama was a disaster

clearly we are polar opposites on this issue which is best left unargued on this site.

It does scare me some how many there are that agree with you. Re trump that is.

1 Like

Obama played the identity game better than anyone. Just read a Michelle Obama quote from around the time of the last election scolding women for not voting Hillary. “If you don’t vote for Hillary yiu arent a true woman”. Biden said “if you dont vote for me you ain’t black”.

To me thats repugnant and why I could never support that party.

*29 times there has been a SC vacancy in an election year.

• All 29 times a President has nominated a SC pick

• Of those 29 times, 19 times the Presidents party has also controlled the Senate.

• 17 of the 19 times the Justice was confirmed when one party controls both the presidency and Senate.

• In the other 10 instances where one party controls the Senate and the other controls the Presidency, only twice has a SC Justice been confirm

Therefore there's precident for both what the Republicans did in 2016 and this year.

RBG said "the president is nominated for four years, not three years" in 2016 prior to Garlands nomination.

When asked how many SC justices would be enough, RBG said 9 sounds about right

Like I said, I will not discuss actual politics, but trump scares me. I dont care about parties. I dont care who did what in the past. I just know trump scares me. I actually find myself wondering if he could be the bad guy predicted in the bible. Though he doesnt appear to be quite as evil, trump reminds me of hitler in many ways. Hitler was elected and then took permanent control. That is what trump wants to do. Often it is wondered how the people of Germany could have allowed hitler to gain power. We might be about to find that out. Trump seems to be almost as delusional as hitler. Both very much into themselves. I shudder to think what other similarities might come forth in the future if trump has his way.

To be sort of on topic and to your comment, I wonder what black person would actually vote for trump. He is not their friend. He does not support their causes.

I believe that trump would cause and support more racism. Violent racism even

Trump ain’t the anti-Christ. Trump is simply beholden to Russia’s Putin. He has dirt on Trump. The Russians do want to disrupt the Western alliance. People forget Putin is KGB. I believe the Steele dossiers and the pee tapes are real. The Russians also have dirt on Lindsey Graham, which would explain Graham’s change of position on Trump prior to '16. Putin’s spying has paid off

The Republicans are opening a political Pandora’s Box by fast tracking the Supreme Court seat left vacate by Ginsberg’ demise. Once the Democrats regain the Senate(they will), they can expand the SC with three more seats and nominate their own candidates. Thus raising the total of SC judges to eleven. Besides, Clarence Thomas doesn’t look healthy these days also. Another bonus selection.

The Democrats can filibuster the SC nomination the day after the Election until Biden takes office in January. Trumps will lose in a landslide, even he knows it.

No, they were guilty of wrongdoing - just the wrong charges and not enough and it’s not justice.

Your statement is patently false.

1 Like

More of them than you can imagine but no longer able to hide in their closets