Naylor picks Tiger-Cats over Calgary

From today's Globe and Mail:

<!-- m -->[url=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/week-2-picks/article1633662/]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/f ... le1633662/[/url]<!-- m -->

All I can say is that unless our O line improves, Dave Naylor could be on the wrong end of this prediction.

Calgary could be tough this week.
Here's the Calgary Sun's take on the Tiger-Cats:

<!-- m -->[url=http://www.calgarysun.com/sports/football/2010/07/08/14653826.html]http://www.calgarysun.com/sports/footba ... 53826.html[/url]<!-- m -->

We need a win tomorrow. 2-0 would be a disastrous start. Especially with Winnipeg, Montreal and Saskatchewan coming up before the end of this month.

Didn't he pick Hamilton over Winnipeg last week?

mikem: Yes he did.... but so did the rest of us. :cry:

wait, you mean the guy in the paper is no smarter than the rest of us?

Jerkface: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not when he is crystal-balling the result of a game that still has to be played.

On a more serious note....if the Tiger-Cats don''t produce some wins this month, the Caretaker and Obie will need to take a serious look at the on-field product. I have the sense something is still missing in the mix right now and I believe it's the coaching and game planning.
We'll see what happens tomorrow but if things don't improve soon, Bob will have to deal some immediate concerns about this team as well as its post-2015 future.

He did
to quote C3P0 Where doomed

[quote="mr62cats"]

On a more serious note....if the Tiger-Cats don''t produce some wins this month, the Caretaker and Obie will need to take a serious look at the on-field product. I have the sense something is still missing in the mix right now and I believe it's the coaching and game planning.

8) I think you're on to something there, "mr62cats".

Didn't we lose the first game of the year last year against the Argos?
Weren't we favoured? Looked what happened after that - Argos dead last and the Ticats making the playoffs.
I wouldn't read too much into the first game of the year. Hopefully it's like last year, the first game was played like a pre-season and the team just wasn't ready. If they don't win the game tomorrow then I would worry.

8) You're right, but I think it was more of how we lost to Winnipeg last week, that causes some concern.
Yep, the Cats had better win tomorrow, or a lot of fans will start to worry.

mikem: Yeah...that's pretty well what I mentioned earlier but one look at the rest of the schedule for this month is more than enough reason to be concerned!

Don't sell the Cats short just yet. The Saskatchewan game was a wake up call. I think
the team will rise to the occasion tomorrow and win against Calgary. I fthey fail to win,
however, I still wouldn't abandon them.

They'll be in the big picture this year. :wink:

spike:

I have this nagging feeling that our OC does not plan his offence around our best players. Game plans vary greatly from week to week and do not fool the opposing defences or catch them off guard. Then, when that particular weeks system does not pan out, there seems to be a great reluctance to make adjustments.
      I know it's early in the season but unless we get the ball to our best players and show some creativity in our game planning we could end up with an 0-5 record by the end of this month.
      How long does the O-line last this week if they are steamrollered again? Will changes be made quickly? I sure hope so.

I have a lot of confidence in Greg Marshall because he has shown in the past that his defence improves steadily thoughout the season.
The offence is still not clicking.....and it never consistently clicked all last season.
Tomorrow's game against Calgary should give us an indication if things are improving on the offence, or whether we will continue to make the same game planning mistakes.
I know we made the playoffs last year but with the talent we had we should have won more games. This year the Blue team will be stronger and Winnipeg looks like they will tough based on that first game. We just can't afford the same old.
If we beat Calgary tomorrow I will feel much better about our prospects this season.

I REALLY DO NOT SEE THE WORRY. THERE ARE 18 GAMES A SEASON. EVEN IF THEY LOSE TO CALGARY. IF THEY WERE TO WIN EVERY GAME THERE AFTER. THEY WOULD BE NO WORSE THAT 16 AND 2. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM.

mopacker: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saskatchewan game?

For what it's worth, Schultz is picking the Ticats too as are most non-Ticat fans that I know.

Picking either team in this one is a crap shoot! :smiley: