National Post Article - SETTA

Is this guy a machine or what! Runs 8km every morning, lifts weights, circuit trains. He's tougher than a lot of running backs:

[url=http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/sports/story.html?id=60408467-838e-4b66-a4e2-4622c7d1fbf6]http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news ... 22c7d1fbf6[/url]

I expect Nick will hit some moon shots under the big top in Vancouver tomorrow night!

Oski Wee Wee,

Nice Read..Thank you

That's why he earned the right to bring out the hammer last game.

With everything going on this season there is one thing that does not worry me at all... our kicking.

For the past couple years our punting was BAD and our field goal attempts kept my heart pounding. 20 yarders were not automatic.

Nick Setta, if he doesn't get picked up by an NFL team, will be a CFL great.

I was amazed at how high he can kick the ball when I saw him a couple of weeks ago. Once the special teams get more used to him they should be able to avoid the no yards penalties. What a find!

The fitness stuff is very impressive but the best part is that he can kick!!! He's a keeper--one of the bright lights this year. Down the road when the Cats are competitive, this guy will win games for them.

An Argo-Cat fan

That is a HUGE "IF". Setta will get some major looks from the NFL, and it wouldn't be a surprise to see him end up there. I wish he would stay though, he is an absolute beast at kicker.

BG, I guess Kicker dropped off the worst three jobs in Hamilton now, with Setta getting some major praise.

1. Quarterback
  2. Coach
  3. General Manager? Wide Receiver? Offensive-Line?

Oh no it didn't. The season is still young. :wink:

Such cynicism in one of tender age and sweet demeanor.
Say it ain’t so, BG.

whos tougher prefontaine or setta?

Haven't seen Setta play enough to say that's he's tougher but I'm going to anyways. My vote is for Setta.

Why?

Prefontaine likes to hit... but everytime that HE gets hit he gets injured. He's also been punched out by a teammate (I was at that game in Calgary).

After seeing Setta make a tackle... he's more than just a kicker. He's a legitimate special teams coverage player as well as the kicker. This guy is easily my favorite ticat player right now.

I wasn't a fan of Boreham, but I did like his ability to tackle, and I'm glad that Setta watched some tape after he was signed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, Nick watched some Jamie Boreham tape to see how NOT to kick in the CFL.

Prefontaine played safety in college so he comes by his instinct to hit honestly :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Setta turns out to be every bit as good after reading the National Post feature on him.

An Argo-Cat fan

I like kickers who can kick, funny how the rest doesn't matter