Nate Curry signs with stamps!

no surprise here that former cat Nate Curry was picked up by another team, really dissappointed that he was let go after what looked like to me a good season, and a promising start to his career.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=231768&hubname=

Stamps' receiving corps is pretty loaded as it is; he'll be fortunate to even make the team. Probably just signed him as training camp fodder.

But I could be wrong....sure wouldn't be the first time.

Plenty of other teams that he would have a better chance of cracking their roster.

Good luck to him, seemed like a pretty low maintenance player.
He had every right to bitch about not getting more time as a KR after proving to be the best we had last year.

Nate is a talented punt and kickoff returner and could make Calgary in that position.

Okay that really stinks. The Stamps are the blue team of the west and they now have 3 of my favourite players from last year's team. This is not making my day any better.

Good luck Nate.

GL to Him

Agreed - that game after Labour Day in Toronto should have solidified him as a bona fide kick returner - instead coaches chose to overlook him for the balance of the season.

Good for him, and all the very best. Wish he were still a TiCat.

I never understood why he wasnt given more of a chance. He did well with the opportunities handed to him, as limited as they were.

He was a decent receiver but not a game breaker by any standards. He had a great game against Winnipeg last year in Hamilton, but besdies that I don't remember alot from him. He'd be a decent 3rd or 4th receiver but he's never going to beat out Armstead or Miles as a starting WR, so, no biggie. And if he becomes a star, more power to him. I think our receiving corps looks good going into 08.

Yeah, but who knows how much he was making. Im sure a lot of things were taken into consideration before he was released.

Yeah, but who knows how much he was making
You probably hit the nail on the head there. I can't see why they would release anyone until after camp. If they don't find anyone, they will look a little silly. Plus all these new faces... another gelling year.. I hope not.

I've said it many times before and will only say it again for the last time...
After winning the Special Teams player of the week for his returns, why would Taaffe not have put him in the following game, or subsequent contests??? He was explosive every time. Our other returners showed nothing, other than Jo Jo Walker's TD games later.
Taaffe must have an issue with him, although he never seemed to complain. I really have to question our coach's judgement...and our gm for that matter.

Why we wouldn't have at least brought him back for training camp is beyond me.
How much money could he have been making...was he not only a rookie last year?

Calgary seemed to see something, as others have with many of our cast-offs.

I'd settle for Khalill Hill right about now.

He may have been ST POTW, but he may have been goofing off during practice the next week. We certainly don't know all the details.

Team went 3-15 folks.
Is there no player from last year we shouldnt bring back? :roll:

Just because a team goes 3-15, doesn't mean every player should be released.
Why don't we just release Zeke, Casey, Jesse, Setta and just start from scratch...yet again.
That's part of the problem...no continuity, too many rookies.
Why do players that we let go seem to show up and excel with other teams?
Hmm?

About the only move that would shock me now would be one that involved signing an IMPACT player or one that involved spending a little money. Casey Printers, Jesse, Zeke and Setta are still the biggest names on the team. The team has stunk for a few years now. Open the cheque book.

Such as?
Well at least we agree Obie hasn't found us much for IMPACT players yet.

It's not my job to find players but I would have certainly hung unto a few ex Cats until I found a proven better replacement. This cut 1st, hope we find a stud is very risky in my books.

For starters, I would have tried damn hard to have kept Armour and I would have told Ralph I would trade him as soon as I could find a replacement. I would have kept Curry, he was our best looking returner, at least until someone proved they were better.

Look at the guys we have cut and other teams have picked up. Its nuts. Either Obie is a total genius or the rest of the teams are crazy signing all these ex Cats. So far the rest of league looks much more committed to being competitive than the Cats organization.

We got Printers, WooHoo, that should keep the fans happy for another 3 years. Oh yes, cut everyone else to pay for his salary.

It's not my job to find players but I would have certainly hung unto a few ex Cats until I found a proven better replacement. This cut 1st, hope we find a stud is very risky in my books.

For starters, I would have tried damn hard to have kept Armour and I would have told Ralph I would trade him as soon as I could find a replacement. I would have kept Curry, he was our best looking returner, at least until someone proved they were better.

Look at the guys we have cut and other teams have picked up. Its nuts. Either Obie is a total genius or the rest of the teams are crazy signing all these ex Cats. So far the rest of league looks much more committed to being competitive than the Cats organization.

I couldn't have said it any better.