NA na Na Na hey hey hey GOODBYE CHANG

Nonetheless, this probably is the end of the Chang as starter era, short as it was. Printers sounds ready to fire off on all cylinders, and he'll have a week of reps now to get a decent sense of the system. He did spend time during the game talking to the recievers during the time Chang was in offense and to Williams after the late-game TDs; Walby and co. guessing that he was looking to find out what the idea was behind each successful or failed play. Its a good sign for the Cats if true.

Chang made it clear tonight that he is #3 (must still learn the Canadian game, and how to control his happy feet) and Williams proved that he is a very solid #2 to Printers. Great game, Richie!

Maybe with the play of Williams today, there is now a QB controversy in Steeltown.

LMAO

;)

Chang has been a real dissapointment to me. He's a long way from being able to play at this level.

Hey what color is Hawaii's Jerseys perhaps he got confused

I agree I was very disappointed. I expected Chang to go out and perform at an adequate level considering he was our No. 2. What confuses me more however, is how this coaching staff had Chang ahead of Williams. They obviously are underestimating some players’ abilities. I think they have to stop looking at their resumes and look at what they are doing on the field right now. Maybe Williams didn’t perform in practise but any coach with a team with a 1-9 record should have had a better idea of their Qbs’ strengths and weaknesses by this time in the season. I’m not saying Chang will not be a good Qb down the road, but Williams sure looked like he deserved a start earlier in the season with that performance today.

Ok…I’m with you on this one.
One has to ask…Why did Taaffe openly say that Chang would be the starter and there would be NO flip flopping!!!

Why??? who is calling the shots???

Looks like Greg Marshall was right when he hinted that some people in the franchise impose their views too much and it interferes with what the coache wants!!!

The Black out game is a good example.
And yes I know the Cat’s won the game but come on PR does not win ball games ( gimmicks only get people to by tickets in the short term )
PR = Pure rubbish!!!

Just who is calling the shots???

sometimes i think that some of you people come on here and say stupid crap just to get rises outta people lol. i mean knight8412, what a stupid thing to say or for them to do!?

As prevelant as this sentiment is, it’s only come to light after today’s performances.

It sure wasn’t the case before this game.

Hind sight is 20/20.

One quarter of garbage time in a game that was practically over proves little.

And just for the record, I am not bashing Chang ...I have Always felt and said he was not ready and would not save this team!!!!!
I also feel that Printers is in for a shocker, and trust me he is scared too!!!!

Maas will prob take the Al's to the cup as well imo.

I also agree that the caoching staff is way off base.....we trade for Armstead and Jo Jo and Cury have been with us all along and moved the ball north south with ease!!!!

Armstead is a big bust too!!!!!!
a Blockbuster!!!!!!!! LOL

But its ok we are in a NEW ERA with Casey!!!!
Hang in there Printers!!!!!!!! I won't be one of those guys calling for you to get benched when you don't save the day!!!!

Cheers

You might be right CK but you have to admit that he did look good. He made things happen and I have not seen any Cat QBs do that for quite some time.

Oh yes, most definately, Williams looked great. No doubt.

The first preseason game with Winnipeg = lights out for Chang...3 TDs? 250ish yards as I recall.

Williams? Not much playing time in the preseason.

Couple that with Chang's NCAA rep (records and all), made sense to me that Chang was installed #2 once Butler had been shown the door.

Chang came in late in the Calgary opener and moved the team decisively.

Chang came in the first Toronto game and on what, the second play from scrimmage in relief, threw a 70ish (correct me if I'm wrong) bomb to Ralph for a TD. Fans go bonkers, he struggled thereafter.

Since then, not spunktacular. Maas struggled. The decision was made, rightly or wrongly, to start Chang on Labour Day. Going by what I had seen at that time, I supported the move. If you're going to struggle to score 20 in a game consistenly, struggle with the kid.

After 5-18 with a starting Maas, I didn't think that was beyond the pale to make that choice.

We've had two weeks of Chang being taken to the leaers by Stubler and company. Hard lessons. It's not college. Playing possum in match coverage is an art and Bryon Parker will eat your lunch if you don't twig to the fact this isn't college and drill the ball harder in those intermediate windows. Chang looked bewildered. Unlike last week when he seemed to aim the ball like a dart, this week he was trying to drill a dart. Well, it still came out a dart. If you miss a dartboard in a pub, cacapoopoo can happen. On a football field, it's six points to speedy ballhawks going the other way.

Chang was unable to adjust his game and it showed.

Now Williams FINALLY got to play more than a few series in mop-up detail. He actually got a fully-fledged relief tint in. We saw the results.

I cannot really blame the "discovery" of Richie today on anything but a function of temporarily going up a depth chart, making the most of his moment, and performing -- albeit against many Toronto backups -- the most compellingly of any Ticat QB this year in one game (Lumsden handoffs against the Bombers at IWS don't stack up in my book as QB serendipity).

I throw out the stats when I say that. Richie was dynamite today. Nonetheless, it took him all this time to have this opportunity and he SEIZED IT.

That makes him an up-and-comer in my books and our backup after today, IMHO.

Oski Wee Wee,

that 80 yard TD to ralph was in the montreal game

And his bomb versus Toronto was 50ish?

we never had a td in that first game against toronto!

we only scored 5 points!

u r thinking of that one against montreal in week 3 man

I just checked -- my brainfart. LOL

Our TDs have been so easy to count... :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yea u dont have to count very high, lol