My thoughts on the game - september 7, 2008

We missed the first two plays of the game because we had to watch Calvio take a knee, wow exciting!!

Anyways, Bishop looked like a beast on the first drive leading the Riders to a TD! Kevin Glenn looked like the Kevin Glenn of old, quickly tieing the game.

Then we couldn't sustain any drives, HOWEVER Bbishop did look good.

A couple bad defensive drives and boom we are now down 17-7, until a pretty pass by Bishop, wow this guy looks like a beast!

On the clear TD that was called back I was stunned, How come the guys upstairs didn't call for a review, then Rob Bagg fumbled the snap, wow, we're in trouble until Mike Bishop floated another pass for a TD! wow! amazing.

Fast forward, 31-31 with a few seconds left, and Bishop does it again!!! setting up Congi for an easy chip shot for the win!!

8-2 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :thup: :thup: :thup: :rockin:

Great game for the offense! I wonder what the Argos are thinking right now?

Bishop did have a great game, also the receivers really stepped it up which they didn't do for Crandell. I don't think it's necessary to be trashing him right now.

I couldn't believe they didn't switch games but it was an all east game don't forget Toronto Sports Network.

They never switch games, guys, and they're not supposed to. They play the game to the end, as they should. I can guarantee people would be bitching about cutting away from a Rider blowout to show the first minute of another CFL game if the situations were reversed. Really, if you miss the first minute of a game, your life will go on.

Crandell couldn't do that if his life depended on it!!
Yes, it was a nice win, but I am not a fan of the Crandell bashing. He was a solid back up for us for quite a while, and a stand up guy. True, he had trouble as a starter, but I don't think there is any need to bother mentioning him when discussing the Roughriders any more. Aside from that, I agree with you. It was a very exciting game to watch, but the ending was even more exciting for team green!

Ya I guess I agree I should not have bashed him.

jm is right. If TSN switched, it would be typical CBC move, which is why they don't have the CFL any,ore. I hated it, but it was right. I was in Alberta last year during EDM-SK, and remember getting screwed by the CBC for a movie of the week during the last 10 min of that nail biter. Never again.......

Bishop looked great, and Marshall?????? Friggin awesome!!!!!!!