My thoughts on the game - September 20, 2008

It was cold out!! lol

Where was the tribute video to Ron Lancaster?

Why was Bishop pulled so fast?

Stu Forde's first TD was awesome!!!

What was Tad (I don't know how to spell his last name) returning kicks/punts I know they are trying to keep Dressler fresh but couldn't they find someone better. Our return game wasn't the only problem on special teams tonight, Boreham(spelling?) almost had a couple blocked.

On the beer throwing incident, I believe thw fuy who recover the ball (I can't remember who it was) threw the ball into the crowd and them gave them the finger. That alonged with the missed face mask call contributed to the beer throwing.

I'm sick of trying to come back in thlasr quarter!!

Well thats all I have to say.

Go get'em next week in Montreal!

PS: Some fans wanted Durant well they got him and he didn't play so sh!t hot.

Well i got what i've been waiting for since we got Bishop, and thats Durant to play.. so i won't complain about that from here on out. but im pretty happy with the end result considering 8 turnovers, 4 of which were in the first 8 minutes... we didn't play to win today, at least on offense, besides Stu and Weston. oh and Wake is a beast

They had the right gameplan to shut down Wake. 2 tackles, no sacks, and a fumble recovery. They made Wake a non-factor (at the expense of letting everybody else control the game). 4 sacks, 2 interceptions, and 3 forced fumbles out of BC.

Sask only had 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble.

Dressler had another great game, and Foord filled in for Cates really well.

Bishop looked great, and it boggles the mind that you can go 4 of 6 for 105 and get pulled for an interception.

Durant looked like a rookie. If Dressler and Foord hadn't taken the ball the length of the field his numbers would have been terrible. He was 9 of 21 for 146 yards.

Nicholson never touched the ball, troubling sign after he wins the start after last week's performance.

The defence played well, Buck Pierce went 19 of 35 for 197 yards. Roberts and Logan had 17 carries for 73 yards. Although they had a lot of trouble with Logan on screens, giving up 9 for 93.

It was an ugly game to watch. I kept watching thinking that it'd be a game 'a la little general' style. 4th quarter dramatic comeback. like they've been dooing all year! - Oh well, can't win them all.
Teams really need to gameplan for wake.
Ritchie Hall another fantastic job.

As for the pulling of Bishop I understand it. Durant played against them earlier in the year and i remember him saying once he figured out how to react to the D-Line he was ok ( and won the game ) so i see what miller was thinking. but you just can't give the ball up that many times and expect a W. for what it was, it was amazingly close.

The highlight of the night for me was the hit on pierce. ahhh it made me reminice of about 4ish years ago mitchel / dickenson. Ahh, the best thing about glass is the process of breaking it.

I thought the game was really terrible to watch. I like good defense but I hate pathetic offense which is what both teams displayed. Durant didn't do great but receivers weren't getting open. Some people think Bishop started out great but I disagree. He threw up a ball for an int when we could have had points. He shouldn't have thrown that ball. He also runs backwards and loses big yards on sacks. The guy doesn't make good decisions. Either way we need some receivers back, those guys will make the QBs look a lot better. Dressler makes any QB look good. I'm worried about our team right now, if they keep playing like that, we won't get very far.

Nicholson was thrown to a few time and made one reception.

Miller should have put Bishop back when it was clear that Durant wasn't going to get the job done. I blame him and other stupid coaching decissions for the loss. (goal line play selection,etc)

Classy, really classy.

Seriously, with the injuries you've had on your team this year, don't you think it's a bit sad that the highlight for you would be an injured player?

This is a really tasteless statement you've made here...think about it.

why is he hurt again? if u cant take hits u shouldn’t be a quaterback.
Maybe Buck can be the backup field goal kicker

He never said the highlight was the injured player. He said the highlight of the night was the hit.

Some people like big hits. And this was one of the nicest, clean, hard hits of the game. There wasn't a whole lot of hilights. Dressler made some pretty catches, but as far as highlights, that hit was a good one.

Coming here and tearing down our fans and trolling is a bit weak. Feel free to share your thoughts on the game (ie, the topic), but try not to be negative towards other fans.

I haven't seen any comments on the holding call against the 'Riders on their last posession. I forget which lineman it was but he was blocking Wake and from what I saw doing a good job of it. While it may have technically been holding it was no worse than what goes on every other play of the game and yet the official choses that point to pull the flag negating the first down yardage that Durant had gained and basically putting an end to the 'Rider's chances for a last minute game-winning drive. To make that kind of a call in the last minute of the game is ridiculous.

That being said, the 'Riders lost that game themselves.

I've seen people blaming the coaches but I don't think you can blame them for 7 of the 8 turnovers which is what lost us the game. The offense and the special teams did not execute.

As far as pulling Bishop goes I would say it was too early but he was responsible for two of the turnovers and it may have been that he wasn't following the game plan he was supposed to.

Offence - D
Defence - B-
Special Teams - F
Coaching - C

debra quit trolling and get out of our forum.

Speaking of not being able to take hits....

(how many players have you got out right now again?)

and g & w...practice what you preach...when you guys are out of ours, I'll do the same.

No, why don't you guys stay out of each other's boards!

Edit - Trolling

So, back on topic, there's not a line in this post that I don't agree with. Good summary.