My thoughts on the game - august 2, 2008

For the sixth week in a row the Riders weren't givin' much of a chance, but once again they came through with another win. :smiley: :thup: :thup: :thup:

I was glad to see Crandell back in at QB (but I'll get to that later).

On the second play of the game Armour got kicked out for running into the referee. WHY???? I hate the Stamps but why did Armour get kicked out? After the play he even walks back over to see if the ref is ok. Why would a player run into a ref on purpose anyways thats just dumb!

The first Rider TD was sweet! Perfect pass! Our defense played oustanding!! However, I think the Stamps go a little to predictable, you have one of the best RB's in the CFL use him!!!

On the last play of the first half, what a play by Wes Cates, that guy is freaking amazing!! Before that he had a few amazing runs also..

In the second half what happened only 1 point?? lol!!! Once Calgary used that screen play for the first time i knew they would be using that a lot for the remainder of the game. On the 3rd & 1. I don't understand, you barely use joffrey reynolds all game, and then you pick the absolute worst time to use him. What a brain dead play call.

I turned away as Calgary lined up for the last FG. Actually I ran away. Thank God he missed!!!

Saying the injuries were an excuse for only 1 point in the second have is BS!! If I was the offensive cordinator I would have ran that shot gun draw play to Wes Cates all second half, and then mixed in a few PA passes to throw the defense off.

WE have a lot of things to improve on but a win is a win no matter how you get it..

6-0 :thup: :rockin: :thup: :rockin:

Note: I may have mixed up a few things but I think I got all the events in the correct order.

Thank you for reading! :thup: :smiley:

Cohon and his circus may have to back pedal on the Armour ejection! The DQ definitely was excessive!

Improvements...how about completing a game WITHOUT a major injury! I fear MD may have to retire if this is a serious injury!

Congrats to the team for fighting till the end, and GREAT "STUFF" on Reynolds! Why didn't Hank run the sneak? Higher success play!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Richie Hall is the best defensive coordinator in the CFL, bar none.

When you can stuff a high powered offence like Calgary's, and do it with chicken wire, duct tape, and chewing gum..............

The guy's a genius.

I have critizied Hall in previous years for having too passive defense schemes, its nice to see him be more aggressive and improvising, especially with the revolving injury situation.

While some may argue our DB's are our strength, I have to give the edge to our LB's, with the impressive emergence of Anton McKenzie and Maurice Lloyd playing rock solid... I see another future star in Renauld Williams... Lucas also has really stepped his game from last year. :thup:

I think Crandell managed a solid game, no turnovers and we might of had a few more points in the second half if a few balls were not dropped, he still needs improve by finishing strong in the 4h quarter, I can see him & Bowman hooking up alot more..they seem to be in sync :thup:

Do not forget that in the second half we were down to just five receivers and down a RBreciever as well, plus one of the recievers that was playing was hobbled. And an oline guy was out. Makes for a challenge.