my take for next year

First of all, Casey Printers gets paid way too much for what he did this year! Quinton Porter has played effective and he should get looked at for a starting position next year. Richie Williams is still a lot better quarterback then what Casey did for us this year also. I even like the looks of that new guy Adam Tafralis. And if they are worried about the lack of experience at the quarterback position, I think Marcus Crandell would be a better addition to this team rather then Casey Printers.

At 500,000 dollars for casey Printers we could get rid of him and use that money for something else.

For example:

Max 140,000 for a Veteran Offensive Lineman
Max 140,000 for a Veteran Defensive Lineman or Defensive End
Max 140,000 for a veteran Receiver

Total : 420,000 dollars

add another 100,000 dollars to that and get another veteran player for one of those positions if possible.

Its just something to think about. It would make our team a lot better thats for sure.

As for our current offensive line, i would maybe keep just two of those players..Marwan Hage and George Hudson. I think we should be going after two offensive tackles next year with experience.

As for our receivers, Rodriguez and Earnest Jackson are keepers. I think Earnest Jackson is a lot better receiever then Tony Miles. Miles had his time and hes washed up now i think. I also like Chris Bauman and Chris Davis. Scott Mitchell could get released and it wouldnt bother me. Same goes for Chad Rempel and Pat Woodcock. If we add a veteran experienced receiver next year it would help us a lot also.

OUr running back situation is a mess. Jesse Lumsden gets hurt all the time and he wasnt worth paying for this year...BUT.....I also think that when he does play he is very effective. I think they should bring him back but sign a contract for him based on the number of games he plays and based on performance. I would like to see him used more as a fullback next year rather then a running back.

Our best running back this year was Terry Caulley.. I would like him to be back next year along with Tre Smith. Im not too sure about Kenton Keith. I havent seen much of him so far and would bring him back for the off season but if he doesnt cut it release him.

As for the defence, our secondary looks pretty good. Jykine Bradley, Chris Thompson and Geoff Tisdale are really good. With Dylan Barker coming back next year, I can see Robinson has a good backup as defensive back. Gordon wasnt very impressive and i would like to see a change possibly in that position.

Our linebackers are not bad but i would replace Mariuz. I think Cameron Siskowic played really well as a Middle linebacker this year. Much better then Cornelius Anthony. But i would put Anthony in Mariuz's spot. I like the whole idea of Anthony and Knowlton on the outside and Siskowic in the middle.

Our Defensive lineman are what im concerned about. I honestly think they all stink. That newcomer Sasha Lancaster I would give him more of a look for next year and bring back Nautyn McKay Loescher and Terrance Patrick in the offseason to see if they can improve but other then that i could care less if anyone else comes back. We need some major help next year in this area. Like i said before, you can get rid of Casey Printers and possibly bring in two veteran D lineman next year to help them out.

My take on the RBs have changed.

I have no problem with Caulley at #1 and Tre Smith backing him up.
Tre is a beast of a RB!!!
If we could trade Kenton we could easily re-sign Jessie.

We would just need the boys to stay healthy!!

And do not forget that it is pretty sure that Tony Miles will have his salary freed up in the offseason.

Sigh

How many tomes does it have to be pointed out. Printers contract was front loaded.

He is NOT making $500,000 next year. Yes, cutting him/re-working his deal would save the Cats some money, and will likely happen given his play. But it will not be $500,000.

Next point.

Having to spend is great. But ONLY if there is someone worth spending that kind of on.

Can you name a verteran OL, DL, or receiver who would be worth that kind of money?

uhmm lets see i know a Defensive end who would be worth that kind of money

charles hughes i think it was from calgary who played us last night...uhmmm another one who comes to mind is Cameron Wake...those types of players come to mind are worth it!!!

Fine.

And how are you going to aquire them?

you want to talk about receivers also who would be worth that kind of money..

hmmm lets see...possibly Geroy Simon, Ben Cahoon type players...uhmmm who else comes to mind...i dont know about 140,000 but lets see Arland Bruce. im sure there are a lot of receivers i wouldnt mind paying pretty good money for. I will get back to you on this one soon.

hmmm lets see...possibly Geroy Simon, Ben Cahoon type players...uhmmm who else comes to mind...i dont know about 140,000 but lets see Arland Bruce. im sure there are a lot of receivers i wouldnt mind paying pretty good money for. I will get back to you on this one soon. That guy named Rambo who is in Calgary i think.

hmmm lets see...possibly Geroy Simon, Ben Cahoon type players...uhmmm who else comes to mind...i dont know about 140,000 but lets see Arland Bruce. im sure there are a lot of receivers i wouldnt mind paying pretty good money for. I will get back to you on this one soon. That guy named Rambo who is in Calgary i think.

you want to talk about receivers also who would be worth that kind of money…

hmmm lets see…possibly Geroy Simon, Ben Cahoon type players…uhmmm who else comes to mind…i dont know about 140,000 but lets see Arland Bruce. im sure there are a lot of receivers i wouldnt mind paying pretty good money for. I will get back to you on this one soon. That guy named Rambo who is in Calgary i think.

So you are going to cut Printers and with the money you save bring in Wake, Simon, plus an offensive lineman.

Why hasn't Obie thought of that?

All the talk I have heard from the team and on TSN is about Casey Printers having to compete with Quinton Porter in training camp next year. There must be some strategy to this..maybe it will be easier to unload Casey next year...maybe its a smokescreen to make it look like Casey will be hard to get in the off-season.
So talk of saving any salary money by getting rid of Printers before next season is likely premature. Unless the Blue team grabs him at the end of this season.

and EXACTLY how........ is the "blue team going to grab him at the end of this season"??????

PRINTERS IS STILL UNDER CONTRACT!!!!!!

Doesn't seem to matter with us aquiring Wake and Rambo...

People that think we are going to be key players in the free agent market are in for a rude awakening.... everybody is forgetting one key point.....

Nobody wants to come here.

exits thread

Might as well just email us the GC next year... no other team stands a chance!!

why would Simon or Wake want to come here. Simon maybe if he is closer to Printers, but he has it great in BC. Wake will make it in the NFL next year