My QB questions

If I was Williams I would be extremly prepared each week and have my running shoe laces very tight before each game.

If I was Williams I would condition myself both mentally and physically for a strenuous season of sitting on the bench each game.

Such "blind" faith in Printers is going to be ticats downfall, unfortunately, sigh

Its not about Printers and my so called "hate on". Its about the narrow mindedness of letting one previous flukey yr (one hit wonder syndrome) plus big contract equal automatic starter, even if someone better may be in camp. Could be any other two QBs in same situation. Printers could very well earn starter, but that is what he should have to do. What have you done for me lately should be the predominant thinking.

My personal opinion is that Williams has what it takes and only needs the experience, starting with practice reps and pre season playing time.

I also beleive, as I have said in the main forum, that if Williams does stick around in this league, he will be starting QB of a cup winner before Printers will. You heard it here first.

I dont waste my time and emotional energy hating players, unless they are shits like Bertuzzi. Even then, its more disgust and contempt than hate. I am glad Printers is not in BC tho.

Yes, he SHOULD have to, but unless he magically becomes completely inept at the position in camp, it just won’t happen. I would agree that he has rested on his previous laurels for too long, and really needs to prove himself; but as you know, football is a business as well as a sport, and his salary requires him to start at this point, perforce. Although your Corolla is reliable and has never had much wrong with it, it’s hard to justify driving it for the whole summer over the Ferrari you just purchased. Sort of defeats the purpose of the money that was spent in the first place. :wink:

Sort of defeats the purpose of the money that was spent in the first place
well, there ya go, thats another issue in itself.

I hope footbalyoubet will be at the ticat/BC
game in Vancouver this year when printers
dismantals his lions on the field. I will
definitely dig up this thread to remind him
what a donkey(keeping it clean) he is.

Casey Printers is the starter period.

Richie Williams is the 2nd string based on his performance last year, Chang is #3.

I still can't help thinking that a healthy Maas with his Steeltown get it down, live and die attitude, wasn't the best quarterback for this team if he was healthy and a better supporting cast.

Casey Printers will not look like the quarterback he was in B.C. He does not have the team around him. Let's hope he can survive the pressure and make the high pressure plays and get it done.

Go Cats Go!!!

go for it.

However, whole season acheivement matters way more than any one game. I would not say I told you so over just one game.

All I have to say is: who cares?

Printers will at least complete some passes unless he has some terrible shoulder injury that essentially ends his career as a starter and makes this team 1/10th as good as it could be as a result.

I'd like to believe in "won't get fooled again."

I think when the dust settles, my main point is, I would have more confidence in a coach and gm who keeps an open mind regarding fielding the best possible team, instead of being determined to go with predetermined players, not even making sure they actually are the best.

I also have more respect and confidence in a player who would welcome fair competition instead of demanding otherwise. The kind of player who wants to actually earn his playing time is the kind of player more likely to produce results.

Or, you're just bitter because Casey left BC and now you have a QB issue of your own. Had he stayed, you'd be loving him.

you dont read much do you?

our only QB questions are who is our number 3. personally i think some of the people on this forum could do a better job than Chang. bring in Leak and some other guys.

have you guys seen you tube. I found some cool stuff. Check out this interview with ticats QB CP....Good job, right mind set. I did not see any ego, only the truth:

Go to: www.youtube.com
then type in your QB's name under video. You will see old highlights, KC chiefs highlights and and interview about the team coming together, and buidling...It was very good.

Listen there is no reason to keep an open mind, they know who is better and they’re building and designing an offence around his talents. When your q.b is as good as CP you label him the starter so deal withit and go off and bug Edmonton fans about how they should have an open competition for their starting job.

You’ve made your feelings known on CP, FYB. But the reality is that unless CP gets hurt, he’s the starter and that’s it. It’s not even just a matter of the ridiculous amount of money he’s being paid, it’s his experience that gets him the nod as well. I have always been a big fan of RW. I think he’s a great QB and has a great work ethic and attitude, but CP will start. I don’t have “blind” faith in anyone, but I don’t hold on to some grudge against someone and refuse to give him any credit either :wink:

SOUR GRAPES! Get over it, Printers was
not happy in BC and he left and got on
with his life. You should do the same.

The kind of player who puts on a league MVP performance
every game throughout a season and the play offs?

Is that kind of player you mean
who would likely produce results,

if the Head Coach put him into
the next game of the season, FYB? :smiley:

You must be talking about Flutie in Buffalo.

Printers is no Flutie.

Actually, no Qb in either league ever puts in MVP performance every single game of a season, let alone playoffs as well.

Anyhow, here is hoping I dont be saying I told you so, like I have been with the canucks fans. Told them going into last yrs playoffs, and beginning of this season that as good as the twins are, no team will be a cup winner, or even true contender, when they are the two best skaters. Took a lot of flack, but so many are saying the same thing now. Then again, I have been wrong a few times in my life too :wink: :cowboy: :slight_smile:

You got me there, FYB.

I should have said...the kind of player

who produces such impressive results throughout the season

that he earns the CFL's Most Outstanding Player Award

and yet his coach doesn't play him in the Grey Cup Game.

Anyways, FYB, thanks for the warning but my bet is

Casey will be a big winner in Hamilton.