My QB questions

Will Williams get a 50/50 shot at starter?
Should he?
or does Printers ego demand that he go into camp already designated the starter? and if yes, is that ok with hamilton fans?

1. No
  2. No
  3. Yes
  4. Yes

Printers = Offensive points = wins = Grey Cup 2008!

Printers is the starting Quarterback of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, I don't think anybody can doubt that. Williams showed some flashes last year, but I don't see the extreme potential a lot of others do. He had average numbers at best, and he, like everyone else, had trouble putting up points.

I'm completely fine knowing that a HEALTHY Casey Printers will be our number one guy, he was thrown into the fire last year, I didn't expect a lot - This year will be different, I expect a lot of Printers.

So, you are fine with Williams starting on the bench, even if he might be the better of the two in the long run?

You dont think it close minded not make sure the BEST guy is your starter?

The best guy is our starter, Casey Printers.

Richie has played well, but I stress well. He hasn't proved that he can take the reins 100% in the CFL. Casey is proven, he's healthly and is a former MVP.

You cannot honestly tell me that you would start Richie? I think that is not the right frame of mind. Richie still has to develop, Casey doesn't. We have a great 1-2 punch.

Why are you so jealous of the Cats? If I am not mistaken, BC has some very good QBS in Pierce and Jackson.

Please, let's not start another QB controversy in Hamilton. We are sick of it and the now and future is #1, Casey Printers!

I am just high on Williams and not so fond of Printers. Plus I think it is never wise to close a door without seeing whats behind it. Printers is not as proven as you think he is. Every BC QB has had pretty much the same reg season success the last few yrs and Printers only had the one over achieving yr. He sucked his last yr in BC, he failed down south, and sucked last yr for the Cats. What exactly has he proven that would make it wise not to even give Williams an equal look?

Now that pinball has left the argos field/sidelines, ticats are my team in the east and I want only the best for them.

Printers, will have to duplicate his cinderella season he had in BC or his stock will drop quickly. IMO if he can accept a role as starter in a Tandem QB system then the Ti cats will be even better if Printers is struggling go to Williams

It's posts like this that make me want to become a smartass and say things like

"oh is Casey going to play DB as well"??,
"can Casey catch his own passes?

but lets jut say that if Miles doesnt light it up, Casey is looking at the same group of so so WRs that he was "blessed with " last year.

The Cats have solved their QB woes...Maas is gone and Chang will be cut or wont play a down.Thats a start.

The O line isnt any better so Casey better have his "running" shoes on.

RB is fin even if Jesse stubs his toe and misses 8 games. Caulley should be the starter, he earned it last year.

D line better get better real quick cause Armour is gonna be missed and DBs are so so.

ALL THIS BEING SAID......

There are at least two teams (Peg and Als) that are better than the cats . The Argos are pretty old and will count heavily on Joseph, plus there is that dumb cross over rule.

GREY CUP????????

Lets try for a .500 season.

Casey was a Good QB in BC
The 07 Casey was hurt.
He admits he's been hurting for while
He went Under the Knife to fix his foot.
He also had Broken finger and Other Issues.
No one knows if The Ti cats Bough an Edsel Yet..
We Won't until the 08 season plays out in front of us.

Ritchie is great Insurance .
as our #2 Guy

You don’t pay a player $500.000 a year
to sit on the side lines!!!
Get Real!

you dont automatically play your second best just because he is getting overpaid. Get Real!

Whats that you say, he isnt second best. How will they know that if they dont give Williams equal look and chance.

Whatever, Williams isn't even hald as good as Printers.

Printers is a former MVP and the Chiefs leading preseason passer from last year. William's biggest accomplishment as a pro is a big second half against Calgary then did nothing as a starter. I just don't understand all the love for him or why fans from other teams have to come on here and diss Casey and Lumsden.

Williams has shown he still has a lot to learn, he looks like he needs to get physically stronger, learn to read defences and he has the personallity of Snoop doggy dog lol. But he has also shown flashes of being the next Damon Allen, but then again Chang looked like the next Dan Marino in preseason and Kevin Eakin was the next Matt Dunigan after his first start lol.

Just like your team did with Dickenson?

Why the anti-Printers agenda? Did he steal your girlfriend?

I agree. Why this hate on for Casey? He was good in BC, had a bad year due to injuries and never got a fair shot in the NFL just like Lumsden. Casey didn't play well last year because he came in half way through the season and still had nagging injuries.

The reason why I am so high on Printers is that we are paying him a ton of money and we have seen what he has done in the past.

Casey is our #1 QB. Richie, as much as I like him, will never be a starter in the league unless someone takes a real chance on him. He's like Jason Maas, a very good back up. Nothing more.

I hate seeing comments that are "with posts like this, Casey should be playing DB as well". I am excited about a player and yes I may over hype him but it's my passion. The Cats are my passion. They are the one thing that takes my mind off things 18 times per year.

I don't understand also why some one is bringing up the defense in this post. We are talking about offense. Yes, the defense has not improved and the Grey Cup 2008 is a joke. Do I honestly think the Cats will win the Grey Cup? As much as I hate to say it, no, because their defense is still weak. I hope they prove me wrong.

Another thing, the offensive line is awesome. Whoever made the post above has not watched a Cats game last year. They are young, mean and have great depth. Explain why Lumsden, Caulley and Davis, all ran well this season? The o-line.

I still don't understand why all this hate is coming from BC. They have had in the past few seasons 4 really good QBS, Pierce, Dickenson, Printers and Jackson. We haven't had any? I think they are jealous that we have a "Big Time" player that they discovered and now that he has grabbed the headlines coming to the Cats they have the green eyes.

I agree. Why this hate on for Casey? He was good in BC, had a bad year due to injuries and never got a fair shot in the NFL just like Lumsden. Casey didn't play well last year because he came in half way through the season and still had nagging injuries.

The reason why I am so high on Printers is that we are paying him a ton of money and we have seen what he has done in the past.

Casey is our #1 QB. Richie, as much as I like him, will never be a starter in the league unless someone takes a real chance on him. He's like Jason Maas, a very good back up. Nothing more.

I hate seeing comments that are "with posts like this, Casey should be playing DB as well". I am excited about a player and yes I may over hype him but it's my passion. The Cats are my passion. They are the one thing that takes my mind off things 18 times per year.

I don't understand also why some one is bringing up the defense in this post. We are talking about offense. Yes, the defense has not improved and the Grey Cup 2008 is a joke. Do I honestly think the Cats will win the Grey Cup? As much as I hate to say it, no, because their defense is still weak. I hope they prove me wrong.

Another thing, the offensive line is awesome. Whoever made the post above has not watched a Cats game last year. They are young, mean and have great depth. Explain why Lumsden, Caulley and Davis, all ran well this season? The o-line.

I still don't understand why all this hate is coming from BC. They have had in the past few seasons 4 really good QBS, Pierce, Dickenson, Printers and Jackson. We haven't had any? I think they are jealous that we have a "Big Time" player that they discovered and now that he has grabbed the headlines coming to the Cats they have the green eyes.

How about this....

1. Even if he does, it wont matter.
  2. Whatever
  3. Not ego, talent and accomplishments
  4. I dont think many Ticat fans would have a problem with CP being named #1 on the depth chart for camp, but thats just me.

I think more Ticat fans would be outraged if Printers wasn't the #1 heading into camp. People would be questioning the sanity of the coaches, the management, and the owner if for some reason Printers (and his monster contract) was anything but the #1 guy.

Maybe this BC fan wants us to start Williams because we'd lose more games than if we had Printers in.

Does Printers have his "running shoes on?" I hope so. When he runs around it makes him that much more dangerous and much more difficult to defend. And hopefully that leads to many many touchdowns for the Ticats.

This is a moot point; Printers became the de facto starter as soon as he signed his contract, barring injury. You don't pay a player that much money to hold a clipboard. Nothing against Ritchie - I'd love to see how far he could take the offense, but as far as starting goes, he'll have to wait his turn.

CP starts no matter what anyone else does at training camp. And he'll continue to start even if he can't get untracked until the season ends. Remember Taafe stayed with Maas who was awful game after game, loss after loss hopinghe'd come around. CP will get at least that much benefit of the doubt since he was a MVP. Also, CFL teams don't pay big money to backups. Good, bad or indifferent, they start.

And I'm not sold on their depth at QB. Williams showed flashes but so what? If the opposition had a book on him and designed a game plan to stop him, would he have been as good? I hope so but I don't know at this point. Chang was lousy for the most part but I'm not sure he's totally out of the picture yet. He wasn't put in a very good situation--first year in 3-down football, 2nd rate receiving corps, inconsistent O-line, questionable game plans, etc.

Unless he breaks a leg, CP starts for sure but after him, all bets are off in my book.

An Argo-Cat fan

Wouldnt all of those points (Except being a rookie) apply to Maas aswell?