My Grey Cup fundraiser

As some of you may know, I have been growing my hair so that I can donate it to "A Child's Voice" which is a non-profit organization in Mississauga that makes wigs for low-income children who have lost their hair. I came up with the idea that I would sell tickets during grey cup week and the winner would get to cut my hair for the donation. The Ticats have been kind enough to let me post this and they are allowing me to sell some tickets to anyone interested at the Tiger's Lair.

Tickets will be 10.00 and the winner will be picked on GC Saturday with the cut taking place prior to the game on Sunday.

All proceeds will go to CFL Fans Fight Cancer. Please pm me for more details if you're interested in buying tickets.

BUMP

Classy. PM is on its way.

A wonderful gesture and a worthy cause. I am definitely supporting it!

A class move...not many people would shave their head for someone they don't know...Hopefully you will get lots of support for this great cause....

Thanks guys, but remember it's a cut not a shave..lol. I'm counting 10-11 inches off my hair, that will be enough of a shock to my system.

Nice try, zebo. :wink:

bump!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I’ll bring the RAZOR :cowboy:

Tina:

This is an awesome idea.

I'm sorry I haven't repplied sooner...with everything going on I've been a little distracted.

That being said, if things improve I will be in attendence. I'm so proud of you, what a great idea and what a great cause.

You are just another example of how great Tiger Cat fans are and how much we care about our community.

Cheers to Tina...Huggs to be delivered in person!
Jare

You are a truly beautiful person.
BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!
Merlin

Well, I'm in Edmonton so there is no way I would be able to participate, but I would be happy to buy a ticket.

If my name is pulled you would have the choice of who cuts the locks.

Let me know if it is possible to buy a ticket without being there.

Thanks everyone for the support. I’m overwhelmed by some of these comments and I really appreciate it. I decided I would grow out my hair to donate it after Ron had his head shaved at field level. I’ve been growing it since then and came up with the fundraiser idea at a 13thman meet and greet I went to earlier this year. I want to help the cause in any way I can. Hopefully in the near future there won’t be any need for these fundraisers because there will be a cure.

I hope you can make it Jare. Thanks Merlin. Jan, I’ll put you down for one and you can pay me at our next Timmy’s outing. :wink:

Just wanted to give you all an update on how things went. I raised around 450.00 and JaG was the winner. He declined to make the cut and his replacement (JareCanada) was unable to make it so my boyfriend was kind enough to step in to do it for me.

I wanted to take this time to thank everyone for the support. You were all amazing and it meant a great deal to me. I will post some before and after pics by the end of the week.

Congratulations on a successful charitable campaign. This act of selflessness, care and humility not only helps out a deserving recipient but also demonstrates the kind of person you are. I couldn't be happier for you.

Hmm, perhaps my affection and respect may be showing a bit too much, but I just can't help it!! :oops:

:wink: Forgive me if my cup runneth over with admiration and pride. Kudos, everyone!

Is it any wonder why I'm keeping him?? :wink:

Thank you sweetie and for all the support you always give me at every turn.

As promised here are the pics. The before and after and the final touch up (that silly man in the picture is my dad).

Congrats Tina on a job well done . I`m sorry I didnt know about the fundraiser , been having PC problems . Hope we can chat soon and again , well done !!!!

Hi Tina:

Great work!!!! It's efforts like this that make the difference in the Hamilton community and around the CFL.

I was dealing with a major ticket crisis, if I could have I would have been there.

You can cut my hair at the next tailgate okay!

Keep up the good work girl!
Jare